News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

My Payphone

Started by trainman, November 23, 2014, 05:25:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trainman

Found a 1D2 at an antique store for $80.00. I was so excited to find one so cheap, i grabbed it without looking it over very well. I saw that it looked complete with all the parts. It wasn't until i got home I noticed something. I flipped it over, and there was a big hole cut in the back in the coin box  area and the cash box.

Great. And the vault door was locked, and the locks had been drlled. I decided to get what was left of the cash box out of there to remove the lock. I keep collapsing and mashing down the coin box until I was able to pull it out the big square hole cut in the back. if it was cut another half inch lower, the coin box would have slid out on its own.

Ok. Got the lower lock off, and the upper was gone already. So, new locks, a new cash box later, at least its complete.

It has a refurb date of 1995, and all component in it are from 1994-1995. Has a Mars coin scanner, a Teleservice 4032c "dumb" board in it, and a TSG coin relay. Works.  I also figured out if you send at least 65volts on tip and ground, the coin relay will operate once you hang up the phone.

dsk

Sounds like a pretty good buy afterall. The hole doesn't show when its hanging there, new locks are not impossible to get, and a controlleer are possible to build or buy.

http://tinyurl.com/o964d3b

dsk