News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Looking for a little input...

Started by pbghmike77, June 24, 2011, 04:03:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pbghmike77

I picked these up at an older guys house I was pickin at. I'm familiar with the D1 phones, but havent seen a gold one? Is it just one someone painted, and the brass dial? The grey one in the box had my interest as well, just not sure what it was used for or value on it. The ringer box magneto is stromberg carlson, is that typical to have a We phone wired to it? You guys were very helpful last time I posted some phones here, just looking for a little advice. Thanks for any help.

HarrySmith

The D1 looks like it was a gift, maybe for retirement judging by what is on the dial card. Some guys in the shop might have painted it up for a coworker who was retiring.
The Stromberg magneto on the WE phone was probably a homemade pairing as Ma Bell would never have done that. It may also be from a small independent.
Do you want to sell the metal box phone? I have been thinking about adding one to my collection.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

paul-f

You can find some info on your 525 set (Outdoor phone) here and the linked page:

http://www.paul-f.com/we500typ.htm#525
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

pbghmike77

Quote from: HarrySmith on June 24, 2011, 08:07:16 PM
The D1 looks like it was a gift, maybe for retirement judging by what is on the dial card. Some guys in the shop might have painted it up for a coworker who was retiring.
The Stromberg magneto on the WE phone was probably a homemade pairing as Ma Bell would never have done that. It may also be from a small independent.
Do you want to sell the metal box phone? I have been thinking about adding one to my collection.
I would be interested in selling it, if you would like email me direct and I can send you more pictures. I have done no research so I am not sure the value of it. My email address is pbghmike@gmail.com Thank You for your help as well.