News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Abloy 9291 Tidel Phone Lock

Started by Fleetcmat, July 06, 2017, 09:25:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fleetcmat

Hello, Does anyone have knowledge of this lock? Has anyone ever seen one? I have a modern style payphone (Unknown make) that has a hole in the top for a lock and it appears it would wrap around a stud that drops down from the inside of the rear enclosure. I have inserted a link to Midwest security that shows this lock. But when I contacted the company they said they did not have it.

http://midwestsecurityproductsinc.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=63&Itemid=80

Thanks!

Stan S

TelePlay

I was informed that TinyURL links expire after some time period. Don't know but it goes to the point of Please Post Images that correspond to links posted, and in this case, showing the lock in question.

I think the first reply got the wrong locks in that reply because the first post was a list of different locks and the 9291 was about half way down the page (image now added to the first post).

So, the locks in the second post do not look like the 9291, but I could be wrong. Just trying to keep posts viable for long term posterity (after the links die).

Thanks to everyone for doing this (adding images of the linked sites) going forward.

Fleetcmat

Thanks for the post on the photo. I believe that lock is rare bird.

Stan S

Teleplay is correct. I misunderstood the request.

I suggest that you contact Mr. Payphone. His phone number is usually in his auctions. He has warehouses filled with new single slot payphone parts.
Stan S.

Fleetcmat

Thanks Stan. I never thought of that. I do business with him on a regular basis.

Payphone installer

I believe the lock is for a Intellicall payphone which had a special top that tipped forward. I think there is one in the barn with this lock, I will take a picture when i go down there today.

Payphone installer

I went down and dug around and found a Intellicall payphone. here are some pics.

Payphone installer

Here you can see the stud at the top on the lower housing. Also the lock in the top.

Payphone installer

Note the metal teeth on the bottom of the upper housing that fit into the lower housing. I never worked on or used Intellical phones but I understand they worked well. They had a lot of patents that had to do with smart payphone technology,they also made some controllers that I remember seeing. Intellical was one of the first smart payphone companies. I kept one in the barn almost junked it several times I guess it was worth keeping just to answer the question on the lock.

Fleetcmat

Would you like to sell that lock?