News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

43 spacesaver schematic variations

Started by Rookie Hoyer, November 13, 2016, 02:26:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rookie Hoyer

I'm new here. I have several older phones. I recently started working on a 43 spacesaver. I pulled a schematic from the net. It is D-53753-A i8. But this is different than my phone. I have been having trouble figuring it out. When I wire to this diagram, it does not work off the hook.  But, I have audio when ON the hook??? I have found that my original wiring has terminal #2 connected directly to #5 wit a soldered, original connection. Does anyone have a schematic with that connection? I'm sure it has not been messed with.

TelePlay

Welcome to the forum. A great place to get information and help to fix problems.

Someone will help you (I know little about this type of phone) but you need to post pictures of the set and the internals showing the wiring so others can analyze what is going on, or wrong.

As you may know, you can attach up to 6 images per reply using the "Attachments and other options" link below the text box when creating a reply.

stub

Rookie,
             I think this one is yours ( 1st pic). It has the same number but this is issue 1. If not right for your phone here's the second one.  stub

( left click on pic to enlarge)
Kenneth Stubblefield

unbeldi

Here is the 1956 technical bulletin for the set.  Hope this helps some.

stub

Rookie ,
            Just checking to see if your phone matches one of the diagrams.   stub
Kenneth Stubblefield