News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Merry Christmas!

Started by Dan/Panther, December 10, 2008, 08:19:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

It used to be that the kids were up before dawn, letting us know Santa had been here. Now, it the Christmas Wait. Waiting for the one who lives at home to get up and waiting for the others to arrive.

I want to open my "new phone." NOW!!

Merry Christmas.....Doug
Kidphone

Dennis Markham

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone from The Great Lakes State.  dsk that telegram is pretty cool.  Thanks for posting that.  

No snow on the ground here.  It's a breezy 43 degrees.  I just returned from a trip to Marco Island, Florida where it was a balmy 80+ degrees each day.

Jonathan, your photo is beautiful.  What a contrasting picture.  The blue hue to the snow scene gives one the feeling of the cold while the Christmas tree adds a warm, cozy feeling.  Great shot!

Below are my somewhat recently acquired Model 302's.  Both have Tenite housings.  The Red housing is dated from January of 1955.  I don't recall the housing date on the Green one.    The second photo I posted originally in 2009.  A couple more of my Red/Green favorites.

Vern P

To evey one in telephone land, wishing you a Merry Christmas.

May the season be filled with joy and happinest.

May we remember the ture meaning of Christmas and keep in our hearts thur out the year.

As for the "kid" in all of us, may you get something for you telephone collection. Like a Ivory 1554 or a Brown MPC for the Kellogg Postal C/S.  ;<)

Please remember those who are not with their familyies, and ask God to be with them and keep them safe.

Vern Potter, Milo Kellogg and Jessy 

Phonesrfun

-Bill G

Babybearjs

and a very merry christmas to everyone from Idaho! we are having a "California Christmas" here. No snow, and highs in the mid 30's to 40's... was absolutely beautiful last night.... crystal clear night and the starts were out in force! great christmas eve! Blessings to all for a bountiful 2012... (though there is rumor that its the end of world this next year) thank you to all for all the help!   john
John

Phonesrfun

OK, it's 5:45pm Christmas day, and I have been eating almost non-stop all day, and now I am being called to dinner!

**burp**
-Bill G

AE_Collector

Quote from: Phonesrfun on December 25, 2011, 08:48:10 PM
OK, it's 5:45pm Christmas day, and I have been eating almost non-stop all day, and now I am being called to dinner!

**burp**

Bill...wake up Bill...can you hear me...Bill
You....call 911 and report back to me...

Terry

Phonesrfun

I am sill alive, alive and stuffed.

Thanks for waking me.

-Bill G

liteamorn

Quote from: Babybearjs on December 25, 2011, 04:33:38 PM
and a very merry christmas to everyone from Idaho! we are having a "California Christmas" here. No snow, and highs in the mid 30's to 40's... was absolutely beautiful last night.... crystal clear night and the starts were out in force! great christmas eve! Blessings to all for a bountiful 2012... (though there is rumor that its the end of world this next year) thank you to all for all the help!   john

I know one thing, if the world does end this year we will all be able to call one another from our phones while it happens :)

DavePEI

Hi All:

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays 2012 to one and all from little frozen PEI. Brrr - -6 C this morning.

It is now December, the trees are going up, and the cards are being mailed!  My family, cats, and I want to wish one and all a very happy holiday!

Pets love Christmas just as much as we do!

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

DavePEI

Couldn't resist the second photo (Above). They're right, Santa will be blamed!

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

Babybearjs

stay warm up there in Canada! winter hasn't hit hear yet... still in the 50's....wonder if we are in for another "California Christmas"??   bogus basin ski area isint even open yet (for those who know Idaho) just rain here.... good got my lawn!
John

AE_Collector

It's getting closer....10 days and counting. I think all the plans are made and confirmed here now. Where Christmas eve takes place and where Christmas day's activities happen is a rotational thing here for us. Way back when there was a pretty much set rotation but in more recent years it keeps getting adjusted by various outside factors.

This year we are having Christmas Day at my In-laws who live in Point Roberts WA, about a 1 hour drive for us to the foreign country. So we decided we may as well have Christmas Eve at our cabin which is also at Point Roberts. Who can and can not attend on each of the days is all worked out so nothing left now but the count down.

Terry

dsk

Merry Christmas from Hakadal Norway  :)

dsk

AE_Collector

I travelled through Europe including Norway in 1983 and there was nowhere that reminded me more of home in British Columbia than Norway. The somewhat mountainous terrain, the fjords, forests and even wood frame houses.

Merry Christmas dsk!

Terry