News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

A few phones this week.

Started by ....., May 02, 2018, 08:43:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

compubit

That address was about 3 miles from where I lived during high school.  I passed though that area every day going to school...

Side note: that address is actually in Farmers Branch, TX - but lots of businesses on the edge of Dallas used "Dallas" as the city mailing address, especially in national advertising...

Jim
A phone phanatic since I was less than 2 (thanks to Fisher Price); collector since a teenager; now able to afford to play!
Favorite Phone: Western Electric Trimline - it just feels right holding it up to my face!

AE_Collector

Is Beltwood a place? Sounds funny saying Beltwood Parkway ... Beltwood sounds so close to Beltway which I think is frequently used to name a highway circling an area.

But then again, I am still trying to figure out why we Park on the Driveway and Drive on the Parkway....

Terry

FABphones

We drive over Spaghetti Junction, and to Lands End...
;)
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

skyrider

Spaghetti Junction, and Lands End? Could be Cornwall, UK or Atlanta, GA.

Bill

oldphon

I have several of these DisplayPhones as well, and power supplies are an issue.  It appears the internals may be a commercial part, so they might be replaceable if you can find old stock, otherwise we need to try and find something with equivalent outputs.

Btw, I vote for Lands End, Cornwall, as my dad grew up there!

Jeremy

RB

Hi Oldphon...
The street is Beltline...
And those power supplies could not be any more popular, or standard.
It is still exactly the same as it was back in the 80's.
every terminal, and every PC still use them today.
You will not have trouble finding one.
The outputs are very common.
just look around for a donor, or order one online.
As long as the 5volt run is sufficient, do not worry about the + and - 12, they are for I/O only. and will be fine.