and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

The Carpenters with a Pink Princess

Started by mienaichizu, December 16, 2008, 10:30:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mienaichizu

From their music video Beechwood 4-5789

HobieSport

Ah, The Carpenters.  That brings back some scary early childhood memories, along with The Osmonds and the Bee Gees.  ;D  Yet, that phone might bring in some BIG money today.  ;)

Dan/Panther

You can tell she was sick in that picture.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

mienaichizu

Quote from: Dan/Panther on December 16, 2008, 01:44:18 PM
You can tell she was sick in that picture.
D/P

she was already sick by that time and she can't hide it anymore, she's so thin

I was reminiscing with their memory last night, I was watching DVD's of their biography and music videos that's why I posted this

I really like their music

mienaichizu

the pictures are blurry, I just screen capture it

mienaichizu

Quote from: HobieSport on December 16, 2008, 11:18:22 AM
Ah, The Carpenters.  That brings back some scary early childhood memories, along with The Osmonds and the Bee Gees.  ;D  Yet, that phone might bring in some BIG money today.  ;)

why scary childhood memories??, I really love their music

Dan

Karen Carpenter, Linda Ronstadt, Ann Wilson--three of my favorite women singers...
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

mienaichizu

Quote from: Dan on December 16, 2008, 08:13:00 PM
Karen Carpenter, Linda Ronstadt, Ann Wilson--three of my favorite women singers...

include Shirley Bassey to the list, she's one of my favorites too

Dan/Panther

That's most likely a degraded video tape.
D/P

mienaichizu

Quote from: HobieSport on December 16, 2008, 11:11:46 PM
And I didn't mean to ever degrade Karen Carpenter or the Bee Gees or Ann Wilson or Shirley Basey in any way and I'm sorry; it just happened.  Fortunately Linda Ronstadt attacked that night with a classy pincer movement and I knew right then that I always go for women with nice big eyes with a little meat on their bones.

I'm just asking, hahahaha

HobieSport

Do you really like their music?  In that case I do apologize.  I just remember watching Karen Carpenter as a kid and thinking that she should be eating, not singing with a fake smile.  The Bee Gees scared me because they were so tall and skinny and sang like their pants were too tight.  I did like Linda Ronstadt but have you seen her lately? ;) ;D

mienaichizu

yah, I really like their music, they are one of my favorites. And the Bee Gees too, hahaha..., that was their style way back then, skinny pants, tight shirts and long hairs

JimH

Mama Cass, too...was great.  But then again if she'd shared that Ham sandwich with Karen Carpenter, they'd both be alive today.
Jim H.

McHeath

I just read up on Karen Carpenter.  Gee, where was I in 1982?  I know I was around, but have no memory of her death or the reason why.  These pics are from a video that seems to have been made that year or the year before, doing the whole retro thing I guess.  Will have to look up the song and give a listen.

Dan/Panther

If I recall correctly, Her and Richard had come home for a visit, the family had just finished dinner, Karen was tired, went upstairs for a nap, had a fatal heart attack and was found dead in the bed.
I guess her body had beagn to actually eat itself, and the stress caused cardiac arrest.
Anorexia is a very serious sickness, and no amount of talking can bring them around.
I will never understand how celebrities can be surrounded by people, and can kill themselves in any number of foolish ways. I guess everyone is afraid to &&&& them off, or if they do they are no longer allowed inside the circle.
It happens over and over.
D/P