News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Panasonic KX-T30810 station to station (Problem Solved!)

Started by Dave Beck, February 20, 2014, 11:33:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Beck

I have my Panasonic wired up and it is working as far as being able to dial out and receive calls. My problem is that it will not dial from one station to another. My main phone is on 1 and after reading all the directions, it says to dial a 1 plus station number. So if I want station 8 I should dial 18. When I do this the is a pause then busy signal.

I have powered it down and back on, no change. I see a small wafer battery in the upper right hand corner, I am wondering if I should power it down, remove the battery and replace with a new one and power it backup.

Any thoughts on what I need to do greatly appreciated. I would like to be able to call from one station to another to check my
phones when working on them.

Thanks,
Dave Beck

twocvbloke

Try dialling 21 thru 28, you may have a UK version's firmware... :)

Dave Beck

G-Man

As you have already surmised, the extensions are numbered from 11 to 18.
Have you tried calling an extension port without having a telephone (or anything else) plugged into it to see if it will ring-through?   

Dave Beck

It does the same thing. Pause then busy.
Dave

G-Man

Has it ever worked and if so have you performed a system reset as shown in the manual?

Dave Beck

not sure it ever worked from station to station, my manual doesn't show a reset and I do not have the Panasonic phone to make changes with.
Dave

G-Man

Is the system program switch set to PROGRAM or SET?

Dave Beck

G-Man

A proprietary telephone is not needed for resetting the system.
I have attached the instructions below.

Dave Beck

I found a small switch on the main board and switched to other position, tried it again, same thing, also found a small black reset button, pushed and held it for a few seconds released and tried again, same thing. I have the unit unplugged at present and will plug it back in after 5 minutes.
Dave

G-Man

Also, you may want to try this on the afflicted extension...

G-Man

If none of the previous remedies work then it is most likely "toast."
Not too surprising since most of the 308 and 616 systems are 20-plus years old and electronic key systems were sold with an expected reliable service life of about seven years.

poplar1

Fortunately, the seller said:

We stand behind what we sell!

If the phones are ringing for incoming calls from outside, then you still have a ring booster and also a pulse-to-tone converter for your VOIP line.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

Dave Beck

I finally found an old tone phone and cord and tried the 79# trick, still nothing, Oh well at least I can still use my rotary phones. Thanks G-man for the help.
Dave