News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

North/Ericsson Wall Phone

Started by LarryInMichigan, December 09, 2010, 09:14:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LarryInMichigan

Quotehttp://cgi.ebay.com/ANTIQUE-NORTH-ELETRIC-BLACK-WALL-MT-PHONE-NOS-MFG-1965-/130461400543

This phone is obviously an Ericcson, probably the wall version of the Dialog, but is says North Electric.  Did North make these like they made Ericofons?

Larry

dsk

Don't think it is an Ericsson for the Swedish market, this: http://tinyurl.com/39wcl3r
was used in Sweden when they used the dialog.

dsk

erivaj

Hi,

I have got the same phone in cream colour, with wire connection. I would like to put the wire to be ready to use but I am driving crazy about how to open it. I can not see any screw or similar to open.

Please, could you explain me how to remove the case?

Thanks

LarryInMichigan

Quote from: erivaj on March 18, 2015, 07:39:00 AM
Hi,

I have got the same phone in cream colour, with wire connection. I would like to put the wire to be ready to use but I am driving crazy about how to open it. I can not see any screw or similar to open.

Please, could you explain me how to remove the case?

Thanks

Is there a screw somewhere in the cradle area?  On the desktop version of the Ericsson Dialog, there is a screw under the cradle which holds the shell to the base.  After the screw is loosened, the shell hinges upward from the back.  Perhaps this phone has a similar arrangement.

Larry

LM Ericsson

I have a wall Ericsson Dialog. It does not have a screw for the housing, it clips on the base.
Regards,
-Grayson

erivaj

Hi Larry, I have a couple of Dialogs and the screw is under cradle like you say, but the Wall dialog haven´t any screw as LM say.

LM I could find the movement or clips to remove the housing from the base. Could. you help me? ... I don´t want to break the housing pulling in the wrong way

280Parka

I realize that I'm coming late to the party so you have probably figured it out, but you need to use something small like a paper clip to press into a small hole near the handset cord exit point of the body.  See the instructions that came with my '67 Ericsson wall phone below.  Pay particular attention to the part where you have to twist the dial down or it won't clear the plastic protrusion at the bottom inside of the body.