News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Clock/Doorbell, Telechron - NuTone

Started by Nick in Manitou, April 20, 2017, 02:20:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick in Manitou

We are remodeling a home built in 1970.  We removed a doorbell/clock that we are not going to use in the finished product.

The clock is powered by the transformer that also powered the doorbell.

The face of the clock shows the NuTone logo.

The clock has a sticker on the motor assembly that shows:
Telechron Movement
JC02-01 – G
16VAC  60C  W3
Made in USA

The clock is mounted to the front of the doorbell components so that they are hidden from view, with the doorbell unit recessed into the drywall.

When we purchased the house one of the leads that would power the clock had been disconnected.  I reconnected it and the clock screeched quite loudly.  I hit the output shaft of the motor with some Radio Shack brand aerosol Control/Contact Cleaner & lubricant.  The screeching stopped and the clock seems to run fine.

We will not be using the clock, so I was thinking about posting it for sale in the classified section of this forum, but wondered if folks who were looking for clocks would look there. The classified section states that it is for, "Phones Wanted, Phones for Sale or Trade".  I have listed telephone stuff there before, but where should one list a clock for sale to others on this telephone forum?

Nick

EDIT  8-4-17...Ended up donating this item to a local "vintage stuff" shop.   

Nick in Manitou

Problems uploading photos...tried BatchPurifierLite and couldn't get it to process any of the photos...

(I now believe my problems with BatchPurifierLite were due to my antivirus not wanting an unauthorized program to modify my files.)

Nick in Manitou

The photo in the entry above turned sideways for some reason...tried to remove the post and Chrome locked up again!

dsk

LarryInMichigan

I just posted a link to this thread on the Telechron collectors' forum in case someone there is interested.  There are actually quite a few people who are members of both this forum and that one.

Larry

Nick in Manitou

Thanks DSK and Larry! 

The web amazes me more every day!

When my wife and I first got married we would pick up inexpensive older clocks we thought were interesting looking...although I have to dust them with some regularity, I had not paid much attention to them for years.  Now I find myself wanting to dive in and find out more about what is sitting on the dining room shelf!

Nick

Babybearjs

well, you're lucky in one way, its not tied into the power supply for your phone system like mine is.....
John

dsk

We got fiber this week. Much better internet!
We are able to keep the POTS "for as long as we want" but at a cost 3 times the cost of a VOIP line. (internet costs on top any way)

We have not decided yet, but I guess we go for the lo-cost solution. 
dsk