News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Is this a rare dial???

Started by Dan, October 29, 2011, 06:28:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan

"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

Kenny C

I think it's a #1. I've seen pictures and it has stop on the finger wheel. I'm no expert but I think thats what it is.
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

ESalter

It's a number 1.  I've always thought those were cool dials, the porcelain number ring rotates with the finger wheel.  You can see that in one of the photos where the 2 digit is sideways by the fingerstop.  I'm betting it'll sell for a hefty amount.  Really a cool dial though.  ...Maybe I'll come up with one someday.

Doug Rose

Bingster......this is perfect for Name That Price!!!!

they don't get anymore rare than this!!!....Doug

My guess is $3500
Kidphone

rdelius

#1 with the impulse cam post broken off
Robby

Doug Rose

With a dial this rare, only the Dial King of AZ would be worthy to repair! ...Doug
Kidphone

Willytx

That's a great dial card, is anyone making reproductions? Some people now would need instructions on how to dial a rotary phone.

HarrySmith

Looks like Mr. Helpful spotted it and chimed in!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

GG

Darn, and I was going to call the seller's phone number and offer him a quick $300 for that one! :-)

Someone among us is going to have to track down Mr. Helpful and helpfully offer to keep his liquor cabinet well-stocked at times like these, so he has "better things to do" than posting "helpful tips" when he has a bunch of friends visiting and whooping it up.  And if he doesn't drink, then a lifetime supply of free pizza coupons and movie rentals would be good.   

Anyone here want to post a "helpful tip" to the effect that the dial must be broken, otherwise the numberplate would stay in one place? 

Doug Rose

Quote from: Willytx on October 29, 2011, 10:36:43 PM
That's a great dial card, is anyone making reproductions? Some people now would need instructions on how to dial a rotary phone.
I have a few somewhere, send me your address and I'll send you a few....Doug
Kidphone

Greg G.

Quote from: GG on October 30, 2011, 12:42:59 AM

Someone among us is going to have to track down Mr. Helpful and helpfully offer to keep his liquor cabinet well-stocked at times like these, so he has "better things to do" than posting "helpful tips" when he has a bunch of friends visiting and whooping it up.  And if he doesn't drink, then a lifetime supply of free pizza coupons and movie rentals would be good.  

We've tried "bating" him with fake ads, I can't remember what the outcome was.  He either ignored requests to shut up, or it was determined to be more than one person.  It was some time back, so my memory is fuzzy.  I think it was done "offline", not posted on the forum.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

ReneRondeau

This is far from perfect but cut to size and mounted under a celluloid cover it looks pretty good.

JorgeAmely

Frank (a.k.a. mcmurdosilver) used to sell very good reproductions of that card. Try contacting him over his ebay site if you want some. They are printed in heavy paper stock and you could get them notched for a WE500.
Jorge

Dave F

Quote from: GG on October 30, 2011, 12:42:59 AM

Darn, and I was going to call the seller's phone number and offer him a quick $300 for that one! :-)

Someone among us is going to have to track down Mr. Helpful and helpfully offer to keep his liquor cabinet well-stocked at times like these, so he has "better things to do" than posting "helpful tips" when he has a bunch of friends visiting and whooping it up.  And if he doesn't drink, then a lifetime supply of free pizza coupons and movie rentals would be good.   

Anyone here want to post a "helpful tip" to the effect that the dial must be broken, otherwise the numberplate would stay in one place? 
Hey GG,

Yes, he certainly is a continuing pain in the buttinski.  Maybe all the Forum members could chip in and buy him a lifetime free pass to whatever the successor to the Mustang Ranch is.  Maybe that would keep him busy and out of our way.

DF

AE_Collector

One of these dials was on ebaY maybe a year ago but I can't recall what it sold for. Dougpav do you have that one in your ebaY records? The similar AE Sunburst dial just sold for around $1500.

OR: Am I thinking of the predecesor dial, the 7001? The one with the space between 1 and 0 located between 5 and 7 oclock on the face?

All four of the currect bidders are phone collectors identifiable via the ebaY handles list so there is no doubt to them what this is. 5 bids from 4 seperate bidders and it is at $315 with exactly 6 days to go.

Terry