News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Polycom soundstation

Started by Pourme, April 03, 2016, 08:41:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pourme

I was in a Hospice Restore on FRYday and on a table with a bunch of other electronic hardware was this device. I fished through the pile and found the wall unit that supports the Soundstation. Further searching uncovered the atache case that came with the piece. Every movie and TV show that has a conference table has one of these in the center of it. Indid a quick Google and found out the current version is the Soundstation 2. This one is aviable in a reconditioned condition for $500.
Asking price was $10.00. If it didn't work then I just made a small donation to Hospice, right? I also picked up various cords as well. The unit has several scuffs but works beautifully. I'm using it for my business line. With three microphones, the caller can't tell you're using a hands free phone. Not exactly the kind of phone i was hoping to find but a Good buy!
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

AE_Collector

These were always big ticket items. There are verions that come with a couple of remote (hardwired) microphones for BIG boardroom tables. There are also 'Digital' versions out there to work directly on Digital PBX stations so be careful not to by one of them to use on an Analog line.

Terry

Pourme

I tested this one on a land line and a VOIP, it works on both...It widens the scope of my collection, ha!...
Benny
Benny

unbeldi

Quote from: Pourme on April 04, 2016, 07:06:39 AM
I tested this one on a land line and a VOIP, it works on both...It widens the scope of my collection, ha!...
Benny

Certainly it works with any analog loop, from the telco or from an ATA.
What Terry meant was that there are other model numbers that natively use a VoIP protocol, such as SCCP or SIP for communication, rather than an analog loop.
You price was good especially that you got the power supply, all too often those got lost.  The digital versions don't seem to find many buyers on eBay, I have bought several over the years for $5 or $9.

Pourme

Thanks for the clarification. I'll sit my candlestick next to it for contrast... :)
Benny

unbeldi

Quote from: Pourme on April 04, 2016, 09:03:33 AM
Thanks for the clarification. I'll sit my candlestick next to it for contrast... :)

That might have practical value too.  Put them on the same line (a party line!) so that in case the 323 transmitter sounds terrible to your conversation party, as they usually do, you can use the mics in the Soundstation and still act like you're taking into the mouth piece.   :o

Pourme

Benny

Mr. Bones

Benny,

Super-Cool Phone!!!

I've never seen one before, nor do I have a marked affinity for (any!) newer telephony items, but this one is actually intriguing. 8)

Thanks to you, and all responses to this thread, for the enlightenment. I always enjoy learning new things!

Best regards!

Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

unbeldi

Here is the Cisco branded version of it for voice-over-IP running on Cisco CallManager Express.

Pourme

I have been using mine for my business line....it's a good phone.....
Benny