News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Just received this for FREE!!

Started by LM Ericsson, November 05, 2012, 06:36:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LM Ericsson

A coworker of my dad's knows I collect phones and came to my house this evening with this nice dial-less 202. I did not find the exact year on it yet but will find one soon. He told me that it came out of a hotel in Pennsylvania and was stored in a barn for many years (hence all of the dirt and grime!!) The phone has a E1 handset and is missing the spit cup for now but I will find one!! Here are pictures of it. The pics are not the best because it is so dark outside and had to take them inside.
Regards,
-Grayson

LarryInMichigan

Not a bad deal!  There should be plenty of dates inside the shell and on the handset parts.

Larry

LM Ericsson

I just found the year 1932 stamped on the receiver.
Regards,
-Grayson

Phonesrfun

I know reproduction spit cups are out there somewhere.  An original will cost a bit more.
-Bill G

Greg G.

You can't beat free, and even better yet, free delivery!  I would hold out for a real spit cup.  Reproductions are too shiny.  You might find another partial, busted or non-functioning E1 that has an intact spit cup.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Doug Rose

Kidphone

Sargeguy

I agree, the spitcup is the hardest part to find $20 is a little steep IMO since you can find an entire E-1 for $30 if you look hard enough.
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

WesternElectricBen

PhoneSeeker

There was a seller at the San Jose, CA Telephone Show on Pine St. early last month who had quite a few E-1 handset parts. I bought a spit cup (with bullet cover) from him, a complete E-1 (non-bullet transmitter type), and extra collars. I'm not remembering his name, sorry. Perhaps another forum member can help on this. The man also had quite a sellection of three slot AE and WE payphone parts (back boards and upper and lower housings) and various early dialers individually packaged. His display took up about three or four long tables. His smaller E-1 parts were separated in a clear plastic organizer tray. He also had a couple partial handsets to the side.

AE_Collector

Remco might know or we can run it past Gary Goff. Jeremy Walters ( oldphon) was there as well.

Terry