"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Haf's telephone collection

Started by Haf, February 24, 2013, 01:36:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haf

" Dear Mrs. K,

on special request from (name) in (country), would you please allow your husband displaying all his nice phones."

We all could print that out and send it to your wife :) I belive would be overwhelming to her getting mail from all over the world :)
And I finally managed to pack and ship some more "playing toys" for you today ;) The AE 66C is semi postpay and waiting for your solutions.

Haf
Telephone:
0049-030-55474418
1-415-449-4743
1-604-757-7474

dsk

;D ;D ;D
I got a good laughter, I don't think my wife would  :D

dsk

Haf

It' been a looong time since my last visit here, the reason is- just one day before my birthday in July 2014 I had a spinal cord injury with a resulting paraplegia- I can't move or feel anything from bellybutton downwards and I am wheelchair bound since then. Life was quite a struggle, spend about one year in several hospitals and rehab, got broke and homeless due my home was everything but wheelchair accessible and had to sell most of my stuff. Luckily I was able to keep few things including a Walla Walla directory promised to Bill :) I really missed you guys!
After rehab I moved to Berlin having my own home now since May 2015 and literally started from zero again. But didn't gave up, found new skills what is possible with wheelchair and skipped what is not, started collecting again for my new home, learned to restore things even with my handicap and now, after one year I am happy how everything came out and I feel like joining you again.
It feels good to be here again, I really really missed you all!

More to come soon, Haf
Telephone:
0049-030-55474418
1-415-449-4743
1-604-757-7474

dsk

Nice to hear you are better, and still with positive look at the life. 
More than one has missed you here.

dsk

AE_Collector

Yes it is great to see you back here Haf! So sorry for all you have been through and I am glad you are getting on with life. Looking forward to hearing more from you now that you are back.

Terry

HarrySmith

Welcome Back Haf!
That is terrible to hear what happened to you bit I sure am glad you made it through OK and with a positive attitude! Also quite a reality check, I was whining today about how busy I was at work and on a Sunday too! Your post made me realize how lucky I really am and grateful I am to be able to do my job. Amazing recovery!
Thanks, Harry
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Phonesrfun

Haf!

Great to hear from you, but not so great the things that have happened.  Welcome back.
-Bill G

Mr. Bones

Welcome back, Haf!

I missed you, and am so very glad to hear from you.

I am in deepest admiration of your courage and persistence, and my hat is off to you, Good Sir!

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

Haf

I promised to write again soon in my last post, but took me again another year. But now :)
As I wrote, I had to part with many of my phones and now decided to search what I really  always wanted to have and luckily, I got a good one for a restart collecting. My first Gray/Western 150G. Bought it from Mark Johnston. This is the payphone I always wanted to have. And it looks great on the wall with backboard and subset :)
I even found some time period correct Buffalo Nickels. Only thing, haven't manage to get it working. Will write another post in the payphone forum as soon as I took some more pictures of my wiring.

Haf
Telephone:
0049-030-55474418
1-415-449-4743
1-604-757-7474

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Pourme

Nice touch with the period correct buffalo head nickles!

Nice pay phone!
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

Stan S

Pourme

Quote from: Pourme on September 16, 2017, 04:19:02 PM
Nice touch with the period correct buffalo head nickles!

Nice pay phone!

BTW...I'm Benny, I joined since you were here last. Glad to meet you. I like your positive attitude, that's what it takes to navigate what life has to deal you! Welcome back to the forum!

Benny
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

oldguy

Very nice phone, glad your back & I hope you are doing well.
Gary

Payphone installer

On the single slot 1C you have a coin first (CF) intro card in a dial tone first phone (DTF) phone. Coin first always says deposit coin,listen for dial tone,then dial. Dial tone first card always says listen for dial tone,deposit coin, dial number. Porcelain plate on Coin first is gray,dial tone first is orange. Of course how it is wired matters also,but not much if it is not hooked up. Most folks no longer understand the difference in the intro cards. Of course there are also the W/E post pay cards and plates but that's another conversation. The older CF cards are hard to find and are also only in the older models, most CF cards are pre 1980.