and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

*** The "Find of the YEAR" for 2012 ***

Started by AE_Collector, February 08, 2014, 11:59:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Find of the YEAR - 2012   VOTE FOR THREE

DavePEI's #14 Gray Paystation for $75 plus shipping
7 (25%)
Reptile_Master's (a/k/a Snake) $5 soft plastic yellow 1956 500 from an Antique store
4 (14.3%)
flingwing1969's AE 34 for FREE from Craig's List
4 (14.3%)
JubileeCompact's ivory AE40 with gold trim for 110 pounds + 11 shipping
2 (7.1%)
AE_Collectors AE #2 with  real nice bakelite and polished and lacquered brass for FREE
5 (17.9%)
TelePlay's AE 40 with Chrome Handset Bands & Fingerwheel for $2.50 at a Fleamarket
3 (10.7%)
zapper's Western Electric Interphone system purchased at an estate sale for less than $20
5 (17.9%)
DavePEI's Burled Walnut Number 2 wall phone bought at the North River Flea market for $40
3 (10.7%)
Persido's found in the trash 1937 302 with the E1 handset
10 (35.7%)
Kleenax's Serious Stash of Payphones, 102's, 202's etc, etc
4 (14.3%)
MagicMo's 1964 Typel 1 Picturephone display set, mint in the boxes for "free"
18 (64.3%)
Dennis Markham's Very Early 1954 500H for $125 BIN on eBay
5 (17.9%)

Total Members Voted: 28

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

AE_Collector

Yes...$22,000 less the contest entrance fee, CRPF administration fee, state and local government fees and taxes, the CRPF Find of the Month moderators contest fee and shipping and handling.

It is probably best to hope for a LOSS in this contest Mo!

Terry

MagicMo

Quote from: HarrySmith on February 17, 2014, 05:37:48 PM
I think it was around $22,000.00

Touché
Yes, how soon we forget!
That was the most exciting find of my life. I remember posting pictures, never even thinking it was anything special. Lol.
Practice Kindness :)

MagicMo

Quote from: AE_Collector on February 17, 2014, 06:48:24 PM
Yes...$22,000 less the contest entrance fee, CRPF administration fee, state and local government fees and taxes, the CRPF Find of the Month moderators contest fee and shipping and handling.

It is probably best to hope for a LOSS in this contest Mo!

Terry

The check is in the mail!

DavePEI

The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

DavePEI

Quote from: MagicMo on February 21, 2014, 03:09:40 PM
I can't take the suspence!  :o
Mo
Mo:

How's the suspense going. I don't think there is any question who is going to win, but it can't be called until Terry calls it. Congratulations, Maureen!

Dave
C*NET 1-651-0001

AE_Collector

Yes I think you are right Dave. There isn't much point in keeping the "Find of the YEAR - 2012" contest going any longer. I was hoping for a few more votes but that looks to be it.

The moderators had discussions about the Find of the YEAR - 2012 contest before it ever got started as it seemed as though the ultimate winner would never be in doubt. As the contest got started we wondered if we were wrong but slowly the ultimate winner pulled ahead and just kept on going!

In the 2013 contest I mentioned that many were probably just a little surprised at what item wound up the winner for the year. Not so much with this contest, probably pretty much the opposite of the 2013 contest. It was a good competition though with 28 seperate voters deciding between 12 pretty nice Finds from each of the months in 2012.

There was competition though. Persido's "Found in the Trash 1937 302 with E1 Handset" had a lot of admirers and it got off to a good start holding the lead for awhile. DavePEI had the next runner up with his Gray Paystation for $75 but in the end Maureen's Picture Phone was just too amazing of a find to not be the winner.

Congratulations go to Maureen "MagicMo" and the Picturephone that her dad tucked away years ago likely never giving any thought to what it would ultimately be worth one day to phone collectors, for being the ultimate winner of "Find of the YEAR - 2012" contest.

And to everyone else in the competition as well for their terrific finds. And a big thank you to everyone who voted for the "Find of the the YEAR - 2012".

Terry

AE_Collector

And here is the coveted "Find of the YEAR - 2012" trophy hand crafted by John "TelePlay" just for this special occasion! Congratulations again Maureen!

Terry

( And here it is in the CRPF Trophy Case )

DavePEI

Quote from: MagicMo on February 17, 2014, 07:27:07 PM
That was the most exciting find of my life. I remember posting pictures, never even thinking it was anything special. Lol.
And as the journey went on, I think I can honestly say all of us were amazed at how much it eventually made. We all knew it would be a high ticket item, but never dared to say it would go for so much. And I think all of us were a bit worried about saying it was worth too much, so that we didn't give you unrealistic expectations.

In the end, it proved its value, I think perhaps the "Find of the Century", and really the undisputed find of the year. And it couldn't have happened to a nicer person.

Your Dad knew what he was doing when he put that away, and I still would like to believe he is still smiling for you!

Dave
C*NET 1-651-0001

Mr. Bones

Still amazed by the auction, :o

this is the one auction contest I actually won. Bless your Da', Mo, and Bless you, as well.

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

MagicMo

Thanks for voting for my find of the year! I love my trophy! This has defenitly been a healing place for me and I enjoy each and every one of you!
Love,
Mo