and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Copper wall phone

Started by Signguy, November 06, 2017, 12:36:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Signguy

Need some info from the experts.

1st.. My friend just got a copper wall phone which he bought only
because he thought it was "neat". Signs I know, but know very little about phones.
Only markings are an E on both sides of switch hook.

2nd....... How do I send  photos to here from my email?

Phone appears complete and is in great shape from the little I know.

Cheers.... Ell

TelePlay

Quote from: Signguy on November 06, 2017, 12:36:07 PM

2nd....... How do I send  photos to here from my email?

Can't.

Images can only be attached by uploading them while on the forum using the "Attachments and other options" link below and to the left of the test box.

If you want to email them to me, do so by sending them to my forum email account, teleplay@att.net , and I will upload them to this topic for you this one time to get the discussion going.

Signguy

Can't send attachments (Photos).   ?????  When I hit "post" page just "churns".

TelePlay

Images emailed directly to me have been attached to the first topic. 

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=19191.msg197068#msg197068

The images as sent were too big (6,000 by 4,000 pixels and over 6 MBytes) so on direct attachment, I got the stuck white screen due to server processor overload.

Resized the images to 2,500 on the largest size using Paint and they uploaded without issue.

rdelius

Ericssion Buffalo NY. Was painted over the copper plating.

Signguy

Any other info on this phone. My friend paid $400 for it because he thought it was
"neat". Previous owner had it for quite a while leading me to believe that maybe $400 was a bit much. Its not for sale.

Any info on dates of availability/manufacture? Was there many in use? Where was it made? Why copper? Etc.

Cheers... Ell

rdelius

As I mentioned built by Ericssions US plant in Buffalo NY Pre WW1.I think the Ericssion plant became Federal during/after the war. Copper plating would stop corrision.Would have been painted black or rarely white for Hospital use

Russ Kirk

Your looks like an Ericsson AB2120 was made from 1908 to 1920 at the new Buffalo, NY plant.  Here is photo of mine and it has copper over the steel. I think yours has the black paint stripped. Looks cool in copper!
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI