and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

A Great Opportunity in Oregon

Started by LarryInMichigan, July 25, 2010, 04:33:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg G.

Quote from: Russkirk on July 30, 2010, 06:03:21 PM
Well,  when I was a PBX installer:

The bells were used for extentions.  They are bell chimes and one of my favorites. I still have a few of these and use them in the house.

Can it be used for phones that need an external ringer, e.g. I have an AE 183 Spacesaver that takes an external ringer.

The two punchdown blocks are 66 blocks.  Most often used in PBX installation to terminate 25x cables.

It's actually only one, front and back view.

The buzzers are just that. As a PBX installer I used these in 6 10 and 30 button phone PBX installations for buzzing phone to phone - intercom notification.  

Russ..

Thanks.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Russ Kirk

The Leviton tool looks like a cheap punch down tool for the 66 block.

All my phone stuff is packed,  but the  transformer looks like they go to  a princess phone.

The bulb and holder go to a Princess 702 set. 

Here is the BSP for the bulb.

Russ

- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

Greg G.

Capacitors.  These sound familiar, I think I've been told I needed them in one or two of my phones.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Greg G.

Quote from: Russkirk on July 30, 2010, 06:18:10 PM
The Leviton tool looks like a cheap punch down tool for the 66 block.

All my phone stuff is packed,  but the bulb, holder and transformer looks like they go to  a princess phone.

Russ

There were a couple of Princess phones in the stash, so you're probably right.  That was my guess also.
- Mike Row
e

Greg G.

Quote from: Kidphone on July 29, 2010, 10:08:25 AM
Greg....the old brass 202 is a wonderful phone. Notice the brown Bakelite E1 handset under the paint. This was worth the trip just for it. Outstanding find!....Doug

Can this be safely polished with Novus 2? 
- Mike Row
e

Dennis Markham

Greg, the two plug things are transformers.  Are they marked 2012 A, B or C?  Used for Princess and other phones that require lighting....Trimline, Mushroom phones.  The one on the left has a modular adapter, making it easier to connect to a phone.

The one photos shows two retainer clips for the back of the dial card retainer rings for W.E. phones.  The three rings are clips to hold a #9 dial to a dial bezel.

LarryInMichigan

The butt connectors are crimp connectors for joining wires.  Stick a wire in each end and crimp the connector.

The capacitors can be used for ringers.  If you have a phone with a bad ringer capacitor, you can probably use one of these in its place.  You can also use them with a ringer from a magneto phone or subset.  I did that with my wooden magneto wall phone.  Its nice to hear the sound of a 95 yo ringer when someone calls.

It looks like you have enough to keep you busy for quite a while.

Larry

bwanna

wow, briny....great score. bet you feel like a kid on christmas :D

that ringer (E1A?) can be used with the princess sets from the pre-internal ringer era. i think 1963 was the first year for ringers in the princesses. that is a 2012c transformer....dennis weren't you the one who told me a & c were ok for lighted phones.....b & d were too high voltage (bad dog, is how i remember).

that levitron punch down tool looks like what comes with jacks that have the rj11 inserts. not sure if you could use it to terminate on a 66 block. there is an impact tool for that purpose. but you can manually wedge the wire into the pins.

after deregulation, when wiring & equipment inside the premise became customer owned, those capacitors were used in the network interface devices (demarcation point). the test board could loop test, if they saw a capacitor, they would know the line was good to the demarc.
donna

Dennis Markham

Donna, I was told by a long-time collector the "Bad Dog" theory.  I was told that 2012C & 2012A were OK to use but that B&D were bad (for phone).  Obviously they had some other function.  The way to remember he said, was to think "Bad Dog".  A fire hazard.  Perhaps the voltages in those are too high for lighting the Princess and other lighted phones.

I see now that the one on the left at least IS a 2012C.

Phonesrfun

The Princess phones used 6-8 volts, and the B&D models were 15-18 volts for speakerphones.  Those would burn out the lamps in a Princess.  Thye all look the same, so you have to read the ratings written on them, or measure them with a volt meter.
-Bill G

Greg G.

Quote from: Dennis Markham on July 30, 2010, 06:30:28 PM
Greg, the two plug things are transformers.  Are they marked 2012 A, B or C?  Used for Princess and other phones that require lighting....Trimline, Mushroom phones.  The one on the left has a modular adapter, making it easier to connect to a phone.

I guess it would help if I took a picture that showed the markings, duh!  Yes, one is an "A", the other "C".

- Mike Row
e

Greg G.

That other ringer must have been used with the Starlite Princess.  I didn't realize they don't have internal ringers.  Should have guessed from the other Princess, which has an external ringer.  Just used a splitter and plugged it in, cool!  That answers my other question, it can be used for any phone that needs an external ringer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UC4rJ1j0qzw

- Mike Row
e

Greg G.

One last misc. part.  It's actually a gold colored dial ring with a profile of a Victorian-style lady in it.  I've seen this before, but I can't remember what phone it was used on.
- Mike Row
e

Greg G.

Quote from: Dewdrop on July 31, 2010, 09:36:37 AM
I have a white French style rotary phone with a cameo picture under a thick piece of plastic in the center of the dial. On the bottom is a label: Made in Korea, Model Pillow Talk. This one is not quite like your cameo.

Checked out ebay and found a Radio Shack Rotary Cutie French phone which I have attached the photos of. This one looks more like your dial ring.

Debbie

I think that's what I remember seeing it on, a "French" style phone of some sort.
- Mike Row
e