News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Holy Mushroom!

Started by HarrySmith, March 06, 2011, 10:01:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HarrySmith

Did anyone else see this? $662.51 for a Mushroom phone? WOW! Looks like Mr. Helpful might have had something to do with it as the seller states it was listed wrong the first time.
http://tinyurl.com/5uoj3t6 ( dead link 12-07-21 )
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Sargeguy

Yuck!!! Let's hope retro-bright can help!
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

jsowers

I saw it and bid on it, but never had any dreams of getting it. I saw it the first time too. She thought it was a 2-line phone and then took it off abruptly. I didn't want some greedy collector to end up with it for a $50 BIN offer, so I emailed her and let her know this was a rare phone and she needed to relist it and not consider any offers on it. That it should end to the highest bidder. Leslie, the seller, did later admit she got an offer to make it a BIN, but not how much. Leslie is also now a member of the Forum. I told her it was a good place to find out info on old phones. She liked what she saw of the site.

Call me Mr. Helpful if you like, but I don't give the sellers overblown values and misinformation. I just want the phone to remain listed and go to the highest bidder. I've stopped a few vultures in their tracks and I'll do it again.

And yes, it needs some work. I was very surprised it brought that much.
Jonathan

JorgeAmely

Quote from: Sargeguy on March 06, 2011, 10:20:33 PM
Yuck!!! Let's hope retro-bright can help!

Nothing that a one to one sanding session can't remove.
Jorge