News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Technical Reference Library - Why Viewers Must Be Registered Users

Started by Dennis Markham, March 13, 2009, 11:02:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dennis Markham

This forum, still in its infancy has become very successful considering the short amount of time since it was initiated by Mark Stevens in September of 2008.  We already have 100 registered users.  Thank you to everyone that has logged on to be a part of the Rotary Phone forum.  Special thanks to all of you that post regularly.

As several members have asked about making a special board for Technical Support, including such things as plastic repair tips, wiring tips, etc., this new "board" has been set up but not yet functional.  Brian (BDM) contacted me indicating an interest in becoming a moderator.  I have also asked Bingster to become a second moderator.  Should he accept, the three of us will go through the many previous postings (most of the good ones have been marked) and move those that we think will fit in this category.  Postings will be whittled down so that only the pertinent information is published.  Both BDM and BINGSTER have forum experience with their involvement in the radio forums.

To encourage more viewers to become members of the forum it was decided that this READ ONLY board be limited to registered users.

We aren't reinventing the wheel here as there are many sites that offer technical information regarding antique telephones.  For instance the Telephone Collectors International has a wonderful technical library that they make available to the public.  As you all know, in the past I have suggested that those interested in collecting antique telephones join in one or both of the phone clubs.  I am a member of both the Antique Telephone Collectors Assoc., and the Telephone Collectors International.  The information and exchange of ideas from both of those clubs has helped me immensely.  I continue to learn from them and from those of you here.  Some of you already are members of the phone clubs. 

This forum is not intended to compete with those clubs, with huge memberships, but just a place for those with similar interests to meet and exchange thoughts about our hobby in a less formal environment. 

If you have suggestions for things you'd like to see in the Technical Reference Library board, please post those thoughts here.  In the coming days you will start to see items being placed in the new board.  Once we catch up it will be easier to keep up.

Thank you all for your continued support of the Classic Rotary Phones Forum!