News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

AE 90 Colors

Started by jfrutschy, September 18, 2013, 06:51:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jfrutschy

Hi everybody my question today has two parts.  My pdf version of the ae catalog does not have any info on the aforementioned phone. I downloaded this a while back;   AE  1944-4055 D.  But, nothing there regarding these phones.

So; I was wondering which colors were manufactured for this model?   Also, is there another downloadable version of the AE catalog that would reference this phone.

The colors on the small round or cylindrical type spacesaver also I have seen a few, mostly black, ivory, pink.

Anyway, I just received my first AE90, Sea Foam Green.  I am awaiting a very nice black and beige one also.  My first look into color.  I am working on it as I write.  Its disassembled and have been cleaning it.  Going to have to swap out frequency ringer for non, but sounded good on the BK1050. It also has a transmission problem but I believe i can see to that also.  She should be ready to have her picture taken in a few days..ha-ha

paul-f

Thanks to research by several collectors, we have this reference chart, which includes the AE90:

http://www.paul-f.com/AEcolors.htm

Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

jfrutschy

Posted some pix of the phone in my previous post on this subject.  Well this is my phone, was told sea foam green, color chart seems to state;  green, Avocado, Jade?
So let me get the opinion of you phone fanatics, what ever color it turns out to be she sure is pretty!  And she's my first colored one...

paul-f

Looks like 15 -- turquoise.  (Read the color code in the model info on the bottom of the phone.)

AE's vision of turquoise and WE's were quite different.  WE's has more blue in it.

It's one of my favorite AE colors.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

HarrySmith

A while back I purchased a lot of NOS AE 90 "COLOR CHANGE KITS" from a collector. These kits included the body, handset, cord & number ring. I also purchased a bunch of beat up 90's from our own Terry to use as donors to build thes "new" sets. There were a few colors but a few were the Sea Foam Green, I seem to recall they were a bit darker than what you have pictured but that may be just the lighting. I think a have 1 or 2 left, I will try and look to compare.
There may be pictures somewhere on the forum of those sets.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

AE_Collector

Definitely color 15 Turquoise. the 4th and 5th digits in the code on the base indicate this as well.

My wife calls it "Martha Stewart Green".

Terry