News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

A Couple of Fine Art Websites from Matt

Started by HobieSport, December 17, 2009, 09:02:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AET

I thought I recognized you from a couple shows....Cheers, Charles in Charge, Alf.....
- Tom

HobieSport

Quote from: AtomicEraTom
I thought I recognized you from a couple shows....Cheers, Charles in Charge, Alf.....

:D More like that very low paid unknown extra standing behind Julia Roberts, actually.
-Matt

foots

I had an interest in art back when I was a kid up until my early teens. Since we had no real art classes in school I sort of gave it up. I regret it now, but as the French say C'est la vie. I am constantly impressed with the variety of talent on this forum.
"Ain't Worryin' 'Bout Nothin"

AET

Oh?

Quote from: HobieSport on December 20, 2009, 12:58:39 AM

:D More like that very low paid unknown extra standing behind Julia Roberts, actually.
- Tom

HobieSport

Yeah, If you want some names dropped, I was an unknown extra in a couple of movies starring Julia Roberts, Cambell Scott, Sean Penn, Nic Cage and others. And quite frankly, I was more interested in ogling the neat camera equipment. And for personality, I'd rather hang out with the likes of Foggy Gomes any day. Fame ain't all it's cracked up to be. 8)
-Matt

AET

It's all about the quality of people Matt, I have to say.  Give me some good old fashioned small town folks any day.
- Tom

HobieSport

It's all about the quality of people Matt, I have to say.  Give me some good old fashioned small town folks any day.

Exactly, Tom.

Here's a fun little "small town folks" story about Sean Penn, and my attitude about movie work and "stardom" in general. I was an extra in the movie "Racing With the Moon" staring Penn and Nic Cage way back when. Not a bad little movie, actually. It was fairly early in Penn and Cage's career, and just watching them work, you could tell that they were good actors with good long careers ahead of them, and it was kind of neat just to be there in the background.

But at lunch break during "a shoot", we meager extras had to sign a contract saying that we would have to work all night if needed for no extra pay. And I thought; "to heck with that", because there was a live concert that night in our little town by the Persuasions, one of my favorite 1950s singing groups of all time, and I already had tickets to see them for me and my gal. So...I went into the costume room, took off my costume, and quietly walked out without telling anyone. I am in the movie though, as a one-half second blur across the big screen. Hee hee.

Later I heard a good story about Penn and our small town barber: Penn went to our barber, all full of himself, and told the lowly barber that he was the movie star in town, and how exactly he wanted his hair cut.

Our barber's reply?

"I don't care who the h*ll you are: I'm the barber. So sit down, shut up, and I'm going to cut your d*mn hair the way the director told me too."

No disrespect to Penn; I think he is a really good actor, but actors are people too, whether they like it or not. ;)
-Matt

AET

- Tom