"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

AT-8121 LIA Tester

Started by MagicMo, February 07, 2014, 04:55:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MagicMo

Hi,
I'm curious to what this tester tests? Also, what is LIA?
Thanks!
Mo
Practice Kindness :)

G-Man

AT-8121 L1A Test Set - For [cable] Pair Identification.

DavePEI

L1A - just a version number. ie L1A L1B, L1C etc. usually denoting small changes in the specifications. Almost missed this topic. G-Man is correct in its use. Nice test set.

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

AE_Collector

The "I" in LIA doesn't match the "1' in 8121 on the tag. Did WECo actually screw something up?

Nice to see you back here Mo! How have you been doing at liquidating more phone equipment than most phone campaniles own now!?

Terry

G-Man

Any of the following possibilities:
     1. WECo screwed it up
     2. The vendor is at fault
     3. It's the Roman numeral I = 1
The Bell System Practice entry shows it as the numeral one.
Also, the "L" is short for "List" as in "AT-8121, List-1."

MagicMo

Quote from: AE_Collector on February 08, 2014, 12:57:59 PM
The "I" in LIA doesn't match the "1' in 8121 on the tag. Did WECo actually screw something up?

Nice to see you back here Mo! How have you been doing at liquidating more phone equipment than most phone campaniles own now!?

Terry

Hi Terry!
I'm back in action again. I was caring for my grandma then my daughter was in the hospital for over a month!. We are all good now, except for the Chicago snow piled up in front of my house! LOL. Miss you guys.
I have taken a selling break but will soon be back in action. I found some really cool AE panel phones. I also found a brand new AE panel cover. I'll be ebaying them shortly. Not sure if they are worth anything they just look cool.
Mo
Practice Kindness :)

TelePlay

Hey, good to see you back, Mo! Knew you were taking some time off but it seemed like years . . .

Mr. Bones

Yes,

So good to see you back, Mo! It has seemed like such a long time! I hope that all is well now, with you, and all of yours!

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

DavePEI

I have to agree with the other members. It is truly nice to see you back again! It seems like it has been such a long time!

I love that test set. Although it isn't one I have here in the collections, I find them all fascinating. There are so many test sets and tools which were made for different needs. I learn from every one I see!

Welcome back,

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

WesternElectricBen

AE_Collector

Quote from: MagicMo on February 08, 2014, 11:03:31 PM
I found some really cool AE panel phones. I also found a brand new AE panel cover. I'll be ebaying them shortly. Not sure if they are worth anything they just look cool.
Mo

AE 95 Panel Phones presumably. They had a back box that would be roughed into the wall when a house was framed and then the phone was installed once the walls were finished. Most here were brushed aluminum finish but I have seen copper toned brushed aluminum on ebay. Is the panel cover you found designed to cover over the hole in the wall if no phone were installed or is it a replacement cover for a panel phone? Generally this stuff doesn't sell for Big Bux but coloured aluminum might be worth a bit more, Touch Call rather than rotary as well and if complete with back box helps.

Terry