News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Is eBay down?

Started by TelePlay, September 14, 2014, 09:31:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TelePlay

Seems eBay is down worldwide and has been for at least 2 hours (9-14-2012, 04:30 to 06:30 PDT), the time I've been trying to get into it. Anyone else having problems? Or getting in?

Doug Rose

I had trouble listing earlier, but I could view fine. All seems normal now...Doug
Kidphone

TelePlay

This is all I've been seeing for two hours.

I did a google search and found this site tracking eBay problems and it seems their problems are current, worldwide, and maybe spotty. Comments at the bottom of the link show how widespread the problem is.

http://downdetector.com/status/ebay

JimHyak

It made me login on the iPad which is set to stay logged in, but it is working here (Portland OR)
Jim
It's not hoarding if you have cool stuff!

TelePlay

Quote from: JimHyak on September 14, 2014, 09:55:23 AM
It made me login on the iPad which is set to stay logged in, but it is working here (Portland OR)

That was what I was seeing on my Kindle except the login in page would not load. Went to the laptop and got the server reset page. That eBay reporting page shows 14,000 reports of outage worldwide over about 3 hours. Still can't get in. Seems spotty in that you and Doug can get on, many of us can't.

JimHyak

I take it back. I can get on, search, look at recent items, everything except Watch List. It won't load and it won't let me add anything to it.
Jim
It's not hoarding if you have cool stuff!

wds

I'm on Ebay, but it won't let me delete watched items.  Haven't tried to post a bid yet.
Dave

DavePEI

Yup, Down Here, too. Server Reset page only...

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

wds

It did let me post a bid, then threw me off my ebay page.  I hope it's working pretty soon as there are a couple phones I want to bid on (and win!!)
Dave

tallguy58

I see no difference.

Same old overpriced crap being flogged to the masses.

It was so much better before "Buy it Now" was implemented.

Been taken over by the "flea-market" types.

Typical of what happens when money is the overriding factor in decision making.

Why be happy making millions when you can ruin something and make billions? :P :P

I'd love to know what the percentage of true auction vs. Buy it Now listings is. :o

Comics as of right now.....2.3 million Buy it Now vs. 315,000 auctions.  Most BIN overpriced.  Sad :'(

Cheers........Bill

Doug Rose

eBay is just like going into 10,000 antiques stores at once.

If a phone is too high you go to the next aisle.

You have the choice, a lot of choice.

I have never once haggled at an antique store, always a BIN price.

Some of my best "crap" was purchased from eBay.

Money is always the "overriding decision maker" to me, if it's too expensive....I move on.

It's all about perspective, but then again, that's just me...Doug
Kidphone

tallguy58

I agrree, Doug.

It just seems that back when eBay started there was much more "quality" stuff offered. You could actually find rare items, at least in the comic book field.

Cheers........Bill