News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Stock Exchange Switchboard - not mine

Started by HarrySmith, April 13, 2022, 07:08:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HarrySmith

This popped up in my saved Western Electric search. I do not know if it is actually from the exchange but it is ver cool. Also very high priced.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/255477383068
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

TelePlay

Quote from: HarrySmith on April 13, 2022, 07:08:34 PMThis is just a test as I am having issues posting with the new software.

That worked.

HarrySmith

Yes. I changed it to what I originally wanted to post but I cannot add a picture.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

FABphones

Thanks for letting us know Harry. What error message are you receiving?
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

TelePlay

Quote from: HarrySmith on April 13, 2022, 07:15:05 PMYes. I changed it to what I originally wanted to post but I cannot add a picture.

Just discovered that there is a "Quick Reply" box (which does not allow attachments), there is a box above the Quick Reply box that says "User actions" and if clicked on opens a menu with "Reply." Clicking on "Reply" replaced the Quick Reply box with a "full" reply box which has the "attachment" option to add images.

paul-f

Here are some images from the auction.

Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

paul-f

From the Description:

DESCRIPTION

Vintage 1930's telephone switchboard exchange used in the New York Stock Exchange. Original wooden table top operators switchboard used by personnel during the 1930s. The switch knobs are made from a bakelite like material, and it retains its original pair of porcelain dials. There are a number of company names written in pencil in the index insert which relates to their telephone numbers or reference code. All the insides seem to be present and there may have been receivers which are no longer present.

Marked: Various companies Crowell & Weedon 9. Du Pont 8. Stern Frank Matox 20. LAX 1 ZMW 2 Mitchum James 12

MEASUREMENTS

Switchboard measures 25.5" long by 10" wide by 10" tall and weighs 37lbs 10oz.

CONDITION

In good condition with wear throughout commensurate with age. Some numbers on the dial have rubbed off the clear seal (please see all pictures as they form part of the condition description). Not a valid attachment ID.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

HarrySmith

Quote from: TelePlay on April 13, 2022, 09:33:42 PMJust discovered that there is a "Quick Reply" box (which does not allow attachments), there is a box above the Quick Reply box that says "User actions" and if clicked on opens a menu with "Reply." Clicking on "Reply" replaced the Quick Reply box with a "full" reply box which has the "attachment" option to add images.
I will have to try that. Thanks.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"