News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Which one of you has ever heard of the Krone FTA 67.2?

Started by Matilo Telephones, March 02, 2016, 05:25:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

unbeldi

Quote from: Matilo Telephones on March 02, 2016, 05:25:22 PM
Picked this up along with that SC 1212 Fatboy: a Krone FTA 67.1

The phone has an FTZ marking on it, which means it was compliant with the German regulations.
Don't you think it was installed in Germany therefore?  Or did German phones sold to the Netherlands and operated there also have the marking?  Your phone is actually a 67.2, but indeed I have seen 67.1 marked sets.

unbeldi

One observation that I find striking is that the clear plastic has not at all yellowed.   The finger wheel however, has.  Usually, at least with US phones, it is exactly the other way around.

See this recent topic, for example:  http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=15776.msg164014#msg164014

Or did they use slightly colored plastic for the finger wheel?
I think we had a similar discussion about the later dials of the Heemaf 1955.   The center insert cover is perfectly clear again.

Matilo Telephones

You are absolutely right, it is a .2 not a .1. I guess I got confused by the other ones I found on the net. Those all seem to be .1's. Not that I found many. Only 3 or 4.

The clear plastic is not yellow at all. A bit grey, because it is dirty. Yellowing for the finger wheel is normal. You find that on t65's too. Sometimes only the wheel itself and not the cap for the label.

The finger wheel should be clear too.

It think this particular telephone was once in Germany. The cords are replacements and they have German colours for the inner wires.

There are coloured dots near the terminals, indicating what colour goes where. There the colours red, yellow, blue and green are used, in the same way as the T65. A is red, B is blue, EW is yellow, ground/earth is green.

I found a picture of another clear one, showing the original colours of the wires.
Groeten,

Arwin

Check out my telephone website: http://www.matilo.eu/?lang=en

And I am on facebook too: www.facebook.com/matilosvintagetelephones