News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Here is my rotary family

Started by Tonyrotary, December 26, 2009, 08:30:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonyrotary

Here is my collection with the latest addition, the Ericofon my wife bought me for Christmas. It has the buzzer ringer in it and not the electronic warbler. Made in Sweden. According to the Ericofon website this type supposedly was not sold readily in the U.S.

bwanna

neat phones, tony. i did not get any phones for christmas :(
donna

AET

Very nice.  You have a ton of variety there!!!
- Tom

McHeath

Cool collection and a nice Ericofon for Christmas.  It's a neat looking phone and I enjoy mine, wow factor is high.  But as far as ergonomics and actual use it's not the best, being a little awkward to hold.  Perhaps that's one of the reasons they never really caught on, that and the super high price for the time. 

Mine is the "crystal mint" green.

AET

My mom had an Ericophone that was mint green when she was younger.  Grandpa has it.
- Tom

bwanna

Quote from: AtomicEraTom on December 26, 2009, 09:39:34 PM
My mom had an Ericophone that was mint green when she was younger.  Grandpa has it.

is grandma allowed to use it ::)
donna

AET

It's on a shelf with the rest of the stuff from his days with Wisconsin bell.
- Tom

bingster

You should ask him how he got it. Since Bell didn't use this phone, there's probably an interesting story behind it.
= DARRIN =

Dennis Markham

Good one Donna, I got the message on your comment.

dsk

Quote from: bwanna on December 26, 2009, 09:23:39 PM
neat phones, tony. i did not get any phones for christmas :(

Neither  did I :'(

But it is a Nice collection.

The ericofon (cobra) did not sell in Norway, they had to weak transmitter, the later ones did really not get a chance.

The wall telephone (black) to the right did really catch my eyes.
What is that?

dsk

AET

- Tom

bwanna

donna

LarryInMichigan

The Ericofon would be awfully difficult to hang up if a dial lock were attached to the dial :).

The black wall phone on the upper right in the photo is a WE 354.  It appears to be in great shape.  If i were Tony, I'd be looking for a home on a wall somewhere for it.

Tonyrotary

Larry,

Will be getting around to hanging that 354 up. Yes, it is in pretty good shape. That is the phone I bought from Jester.

McHeath,

The Cyrstal Mint color is a nice one. Mine is called Candle Glow, a fancy name for ivory....lol. According to the Ericfon site, Ivory was a popular color. I agree the form factor is probably not the best for holding, but from what I read about the history, the Ericofon is one of the biggest reasons Ma Bell worked on the trimeline phone. The Erico was the first ever one piece phone that had the dial in the handset.

The buzzer type ringer in the phone is actually not all that loud. But is pretty cool sounding. My collection if you noticed does not include multiple phones of the same model. Though I really would not mind more 500's in different colors. But my wife said I can only collect different models, luckily for me, that is still alot of telephones!!

Dennis Markham

Tony, nice and interesting collection of telephones.  I'm partial to the older ones.  One of each will keep you busy for a while!