and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Here is my rotary family

Started by Tonyrotary, December 26, 2009, 08:30:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AET

- Tom

John S

The 354 looks really nice, I ve always been a fan of those types.................very nice looking phones.....

bellsystemproperty

Your phones are nice, I like the red linemans phone. Right now I'm in Palm Springs, GTE territory, so I need more Automatic Electric phones for the house here. You need an AE80. I forgot to post the picture of my Ericofon, but it looks similar to yours. Yours is in better condition, mine I got off eBay but the receiver is so dim. Ericofons are awkward to hold, which is why the 500 is my favorite phone because it is so practical, good looking, and reliable.

McHeath

Tom....Still Lost....

Don't feel too bad Tom, I'm lost on the reference as well. 

AET

I have a guess that it has to do with my grandpa locking that rotary dial so grandma couldn't use it, but that was my other grandparents..
- Tom

bwanna

donna

AET

Guess I'm a little slow with my 3-day weekend LOL.
- Tom

dsk

Quote from: LarryInMichigan on December 27, 2009, 06:54:56 AM
The Ericofon would be awfully difficult to hang up if a dial lock were attached to the dial :).

The black wall phone on the upper right in the photo is a WE 354.  It appears to be in great shape.  If i were Tony, I'd be looking for a home on a wall somewhere for it.

That is a really nice one, actually you have a lot of nice designs. We (Norwegians ) had only a few, and should of course protect our own industry, so regarding the population. Its not bad. I believe we did not make any pure wall telephones after 1932.  (only combined, or with special brackets for wall mounting).

dsk

Tonyrotary

DSK,

No pure wall phones after 1932? Interesting.

HobieSport

Tony, I forget; are you still looking for an AE 40? I've got a bunch of them, but they are all in basic black.

I like your collection. Those WE 354s are classy along with your WE 302. Very nice.

Cheers sir,

-Matt

P. S. Hey, I got the joke about Tom's grandpa and grandma and the phone right away. I guess it's another of our running jokes on the forum now. You know, like phone lamps, hideous phones, and the overuse of the term "art deco"... :)
-Matt

Tonyrotary

Dennis,

Good thing for me there are lots of different models! ;D

Hobie,

Yes I am still looking to get a nice AE40 and also an AE50. Basic black is fine with me. If your looking to sell one to me, I have to wait a couple of months. I still have to put up shelving to make room for what I have. But I will let you know. Thanks!

Bell,

An AE80 would be sweet but a bit low on my gotta have list. Addicting this hobby is. In a way I wish I didn't get those designline phones, but they are kinda cool and different and are rotary!

HobieSport

Quote from: Tonyrotary

Hobie,

Yes I am still looking to get a nice AE40 and also an AE50. Basic black is fine with me. If your looking to sell one to me, I have to wait a couple of months. I still have to put up shelving to make room for what I have. But I will let you know. Thanks!

Sure! And I have 14 black AE 40s for you to choose from. ;D
I can give you a good fair deal and check the phone out well for you, and can send pictures for you to view. I'm finding that I don't really enjoy the hassle of selling on Ebay and would much rather sell to friends, where the phones will have good happy homes. So just let me know whenever, Tony.

I know what you mean about shelves and phone storage. I live in a trailer with about 50-60 phones. :o

-Matt
-Matt

Tonyrotary

Will defitnitely let you know!  :)