News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Which Do You Like Better?

Started by Doug Rose, March 21, 2018, 01:21:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

Three weeks today after my operation and I am getting a little stir crazy. Nor'easter #4 barring down on Boston AGAIN! Bored and decided to play.

Which do you like better,  Green Thermoplastic and the Painted B1 or the Ivory Thermoplastic and the B1. I thought maybe the Green combo with a 4H. Or a totally Brass 5H. Yes...a little stir crazy......Doug
Kidphone

HarrySmith

How about the White handset with the Brass accents?
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Doug Rose

I'll try it...tomorrow. I was surprised how close the thermoplastic green was to the painted green B1. A fun way to kill some time. ...Doug
Kidphone

HarrySmith

Yes, it is a good match. Personally I prefer the White handsets on the Continental sets. I think the Brass would set it off nicely.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Key2871

Personally, I think green on green looks better, with the clear dial..
That's a nice looking set.... Ken
KEN

WEBellSystemChristian

Congratulations, you officially have Boston Cabin Fever! ;D

I think my favorite would have to be green-on-green, with the 6D dial. It would make anyone do a double-take when they think they're looking at a Green Continental D1! :o
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Key2871

Yea. With the continental dial it's distracting.
Doug, I didn't know you were in Boston, I thought you were in New York. Well it's been a while.   Ken
KEN

Babybearjs

I like it with the brass accents, but you need to get the T/R bands for the handset... it really looks nice! keep the green handset though.... the beige just doesn't do it....
John

Pourme

I'm not used to seeing a B1 in any color but black. A D1 in Continental colors, yes. The B1 with the dial setting up like that in color looks odd. The ivory hand set is too much. I'd go with the green handset and the Continental style dial... But that's just me...

Benny
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

Jim Stettler

Quote from: Key2871 on March 21, 2018, 03:15:34 PM
Personally, I think green on green looks better, with the clear dial..
That's a nice looking set.... Ken
Ditto for me,
Jim S.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

oldguy

Green/green clear fingerwheel. Great looking phone.
Gary

19and41

I like the first one pictured.  Until I found this site, any phone made before 1960 was strictly black.  I had not seen any other colors in use.  Even our hospital had black phones.  There were wood and black phones, too.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

Butch Harlow

Yeah, I guess I an not alone in liking the green/green/clear dial setup. Of course, that handset cord is gorgeous as well.
Butch Harlow