La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

trainman

Fabius

Quote from: trainman on November 04, 2017, 07:55:38 AM
Did you get this working?

Not yet. It;s all ready to go. I have the power supply and all I have to do is connect it on the wire block.
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

trainman

https://www.showmecables.com/by-category/patch-panels/patch-panels-patch-panels/telco-patch-panels/cat-3-female-telco-patch-panel-with-2-wire-rj11-ports-24-port

I like how your board still has the cables with Amphenol connectors on them. You can use a modular patch panel to easily connect pones. Just check the gender of the connector to get the right patch panel.

Or you can use a 66 block with an Amp connector and punch down the individiual station jack inside wire to the 66 block. got some flexibility here.

rubey

Hi - I'm new to this group and would like to learn more about how to get my PBX 555 operational. I purchased two different power supplies but not sure which one to try first. Is there anyone in this forum who has the patience to walk a newbie through the set-up process? If this is the wrong forum my apologies. Perhaps I can be directed to the correct forum.  Thanks guys and look forward to some help on my retirement project!  Ruben

HarrySmith

Hi Ruben. Welcome to the asylum. If you read a little further back in this thread there is a detailed discussion about the power supplies & connections. There are options for the power supply. The one discussed here is a 101G. Happy reading!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

rubey

I also have 20B2 power plant. will that work? The 101G I have is old and has a wire not connected to one of the posts. Not sure I want to use it until some more qualified than I can test it ensure it works properly. I got it un eBay and you know how that goes, buyer beware.

Thanks for the tip. I will read past posts to see if I can figure this out.

Ruben

HarrySmith

I believe either would work but I am not an expert. I do have a ton of documentation on the board I got from a list member some years ago. Everything you could possibly want to know about your board including wiring. Topic here: http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=18980.msg195163#msg195163
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Fabius

UPDATE

More information on my WECO 555 pbx used in the Fredric Hotel in Kansas City, MO. Other then listings in the reverse telephone directory and Kansas City business directory I had not found any more information. I knew that the hotel was demolished in the 1990s to make way for a Federal courthouse. Doing more research I found that just before being demolished the National Park Service did a Historic American Buildings Survey on the hotel to preserve pictures of the hotel and an informative narrative was written on the hotel.

My PBX 555 from this hotel has extensions for LOBBY and for MEZZANINE. The mezzanine is pictured but the picture was taken from below so you can't see much of what's on it. The lobby is pictured and a 554 wall phone can be seen.

The most exciting thing is the picture of rooms 111 and 112 which show non dial phones with what appears to be message waiting lamps. Now I'll get two identical phones and make number cards with the room numbers.

Link to the Library of Congress location where all the hotel pictures are located:

https://www.loc.gov/item/mo1269/

Here's the historical survey report link from the National Park Service:

http://lcweb2.loc.gov/master/pnp/habshaer/mo/mo1200/mo1269/data/mo1269data.pdf
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

RotarDad

Those pics are awesome.  I see the 500C (non-dial) phones but I don't see the message waiting light a 500W would have above the "4".  Those lobby chairs look like airliner seats.  Perhaps in the 50s-60s decor was designed to look like the jet age?
Paul

Fabius

Quote from: RotarDad on December 18, 2018, 10:45:15 PM
Those pics are awesome.  I see the 500C (non-dial) phones but I don't see the message waiting light a 500W would have above the "4". 

You are probably right. Just wishful thinking on my part.
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905