News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Just won this. Gray handset cord?

Started by AET, December 09, 2009, 09:22:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AET

I will be leaving the label, heck I debate taking old Emergency stickers and things of the like off.  I will be looking into, and probably ordering that paint to fix the handset.  I like my phones to look new.
- Tom

bingster

It might be less expensive to just take the handset down to the hardware and match the closest color.
= DARRIN =

benhutcherson

Tom,

Looks like a great find, and at a great price, too. I think you did well on this one.

Most of phones I see with the "sold" sticker on the bottom have a much smaller sticker, that looks a lot like the black outlined area on the sticker of the bottom of your phone-something like this

I would guess that what you have is the complete page the stickers would have originally been printed on-i.e. they should have torn out the center square portion and just applied that. Instead, they peeled off the whole sheet and stuck it.

In any case, to me it's a very interesting piece of telephone history, and, if it my phone, I would definitely leave it. I always like the bonus of knowing that telephones I own are "legal."

JimH

I'm happy to keep my labels, too.  I don't want someone coming to the house like the "mattress detective", to see if I've ripped off the "Do not remove under penalty of law" sticker off my mattress, either! I don't want them near my phones!  :D
Jim H.

JorgeAmely

This is an interesting label I found under a demo phone I bought two years ago. There was a pink set also, inside a special carrying case with some captions about it being a training set, but I regret to say that I only bought the aqua blue set.
Jorge

McHeath

Oh my God, whatever you do, DON'T INSTALL THAT PHONE!!!!!

It could blow the whole system.

Or maybe it is just set up to speed dial Panda Express. ;)

JorgeAmely

Actually, I have connected to the phone line and it works very well. It has one of the smoothest, all digital, 7C dials I have ever seen. But this model does not have the Speed Dial feature McHeath mentions.
Jorge