News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Bill Cahill

Started by benkeys, June 08, 2013, 09:33:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

benkeys

I would just like all of you guys to know that Bill was admitted to the hospital about a week ago. This is information that came from a fellow member of Bill's Tube radio forum (tuberadioforum.com) I will copy and paste the original paragraph from that member on June 4th. { I just wanted to let everyone know that Bill Cahill was admitted to the hospital saturday evening. The infection in his leg has took a turn for the worst and he is in alot of pain. They have the infection under control now but it looks like he might be in there for awhile. He is all alone and has no family or friends close by so needless to say he's miserable right now. Please pray for him to have a speedy recovery and to help ease his pain. I will pass along any information as soon as i recieve it.} There is quite a few replies to that thread on that forum and i will provide the link to that thread for all to view, as there is updated contact information in there. Bill Lives in Florida, so all times will be EST. http://www.tuberadioforum.com/t2395-prayers-for-bill-cahill 
Ben K...  1960 WE 500 and 1972 SC 554   Always enjoying the sound of a phone with a bell ringer ringing....

Mr. Bones

My very best regards, hopes, and prayers for Bill!

I tried hard to post same at the tube radio forum, with zero luck.

KCØRDR

Out
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

AE_Collector

Hope someone is looking after his dog(s?) for him as well. His phone number is listed at the above link and says he would love some calls.

Get well soon Bill.

Terry

AE_Collector

Any updates on Bill? This topic was started just before I left on my two week cruise. I just got back home yesterday. Bill hasn't been logged in here since the middle of May now. I hope he is okay.

Terry

AE_Collector

I just read through the radio forum (link in another post in this tooic).

Bill made it home from hospital on Thursday. Here is a post from Bill:

Thanks, guys. I am now home. Got back this evennning, after a fiasco getting my dog bck out of kennel.
She is sleeping safely on our chair behind me as I tyupe this.
Thanks for all your prayers, guys. I have some way to go, but, am doing better.
I had celulis in both legs complicated by extreme arthritis in my right leg. I am on pain pills for that.
Bill

benkeys

Yep, Bill seems to be doing alright. I would of updated here sooner, but i havent even been on the other forum much at all.
Ben K...  1960 WE 500 and 1972 SC 554   Always enjoying the sound of a phone with a bell ringer ringing....

Bill Cahill

:) Hi, guys. Thannks for your wishes, and, prayers. Actually, it was Friday I got home. I then had a fiasco getting my dog back from the kennel, but, she is home, safe, and, sound.
I got cellulitis in both legs, left one the worst, when I dropped a smalll filing cabinet on my legs while moving it. I tried caring for it with neo sporum, but, it failed, and, it got very infected. Ended up in emergency room at St. Anthonny's hospital, and, admitted that Saturday night. I was given manny treatments of very heavy anti biotics, which cut it alot, but, they were also destroying the good cultures in my stomach, so, I was a very sick puppy for two weeks.

I appreciate all ghe kind thoughts, and, prayers for my recovery.
My troubles aren't over yet.
While both legs are greatly improved, and, I am slowly getting stronger again, my new primary dr. is trying to have me committed because he thinks blind people are incapable of caring for themselves. His latest fiasco is he is sending someone out to bathe me. Hmph!
There Will be words this morning..
And, I'm about to find me a new primary care physician.
Please continue to keep me in your prayers, as welll as my younger brother, whom just underwent tripple bypass surgery.
Thank You......
Bill Cahill

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

HarrySmith

Great to see you back, Bill! Get better soon! Don't be afraid to tell the good doctor to f**k off! Most people seem to be afraid to even talk to thier doctors for some reason but they are just people ;D
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Bill Cahill

Thanks, guys. I have been offficially back, I'm told, since last Thurs. evenning a week ago.
Doctor saw my progress yesterday, and, was impressed about how well I'm doing....

My legs are slowly mending. My right leg is nearly healed, but, left  leg still isn't......

Still weak, and, tired...
Have PT later today at home.
Bill Cahill

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

WesternElectricBen

Glad your doing better!

MagicMo

Hi Bill,
I'm glad you are doing better and I will say a prayer for your brother.
You are loved.
Hugs,
Mo 
Practice Kindness :)

Bill Cahill