"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

NOS 554...I blinked

Started by Pourme, June 12, 2018, 07:12:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pourme

~

This white NOS 554 was offered for $75.00 + shipping.  I was interested and wanted to think it over for a couple minutes. When I returned a couple minutes later...It was too late. That phone was probably only on the market for less than a hour.

Did someone here act faster than me, hope a member got it.

https://tinyurl.com/y89n3syb
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

HarrySmith

Very Nice! Appears to be soft plastic as well!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Pourme

Quote from: HarrySmith on June 12, 2018, 07:54:44 AM
Very Nice! Appears to be soft plastic as well!

I blew it... Shouldn't have hesitated....
Benny

HarrySmith

I have been there! Saw a phone I really wanted, decided not to jump on it then went back later to get it and it is gone. I am sure it has happened to a lot of us!

EDIT - As a matter of fact it happened to me not long ago when I was trying to find the Mini Med Blue to complete my collection. A seller had 2 of them NOS. He was asking $65.00. I made an offer of $50.00 and before he could even repsond they were both sold! Lost it over $15.00! I was kicking myself for weeks!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

kleenax

Quote from: Pourme on June 12, 2018, 07:56:32 AM
I blew it... Shouldn't have hesitated....
Same thing happens when you are walking/looking thru these HUGE Antique Festivals with literally 1,000 tables of antiques. You see a phone, you better GRAB it to look at it, cause if you don't, it's GONE!
A friend and I had split up, walking separately thru an antique show being held at a county fairgrounds. He came up to me and said, "there's one of those small wooden wall-phones over in the next aisle and it has one of those 11-digit dials on the front" (Strowger 11-digit).  Well, I literally ran over there and a guy was writing a CHECK to the dealer for it: price on it? $100.00
I asked him, "Why didn't you immediately BUY IT????!!"  He responded, "Why would I buy it; I didn't want it!"
Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC

Pourme

That helps, Ray....I don't feel quite as bad... :(
Benny

kleenax

Quote from: Pourme on June 12, 2018, 08:29:25 AM
That helps, Ray....I don't feel quite as bad... :(
Heh; Carpe Diem!
Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC

HarrySmith

WOW Ray! That was quite a miss!

This should be a lesson to us all, if you see it, buy it! Don't hesitate, don't walk, run to the bank!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

FABphones

I know how you feel. I did the same thing a few weeks back, 'umm'ed and 'ahh'ed over whether to buy or not then it sold minutes later. Kicking myself I was!  :(
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

paul-f

If someone notices you taking an interest in an item, it may push them over the edge to grab it before you make up your mind.

I lucked out one time by grabbing an item (a Stanley wood folding rule with built-in level) and negotiating a low price with the picker/seller. As I walked away, three folks followed me and asked if I wanted to sell it. We had a mini-auction and I left with a big smile and full pocket.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

kleenax

Quote from: paul-f on June 12, 2018, 09:54:19 AM
If someone notices you taking an interest in an item, it may push them over the edge to grab it before you make up your mind.

I lucked out one time by grabbing an item (a Stanley wood folding rule with built-in level) and negotiating a low price with the picker/seller. As I walked away, three folks followed me and asked if I wanted to sell it. We had a mini-auction and I left with a big smile and full pocket.
Ha!  I did that at Lancaster ;-)
Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC

oldguy

:)
Gary

Pourme

Benny

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Haf

..I just remember that red 302 BIN $150 not that long ago, hesitated a bit...and gone. (in this case even two involved as managed to show this auction to one amongst us when it was still available, minutes later it was sold). Lesson learned.

Haf
Telephone:
0049-030-55474418
1-415-449-4743
1-604-757-7474