News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

SUPER BRIGHT LEDS.Com.....

Started by Babybearjs, March 04, 2018, 05:15:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

:) :) :) For all those interested in adding a bit of color to your switchboards.... www.superbrightleds.com has T2 lamps in both 12 and 24 volt versions for your switchboards.... they offer White, Red, Blue, Green, and Amber color to spice up that boring switchboard.... these will replace those hard to find lamps as well as the lens... my unit has 20 white lens caps, but now I have blue, green, red, amber, and white behind them and they do spice things up.... Plus... they save energy and there's no heat from the bulbs!
John

AL_as_needed

I have used this supplier for other LED needs and they are very good and make it easy to find and LED equivalent for nearly any bulb.
TWinbrook7

Babybearjs

I forwarded the link to the TCI library, hopefully all can benefit from them. they have some great prices and Off-Grid lighting... great for those of you on the east coast.... another Nor-Easter is headed your way.... I couldn't believe the pictures of the damage... a beach house with 2/3rds of its foundation gone... ready to go crashing into the sea.... People are so dumb when it comes to building on the coast.... Even Jesus knew about the sand and rock..... will they ever learn.... anyway, this is a great LED light source.... I absolutely love the T2 Led lamps for my alarm panel....
John

Pourme

Babybearjs,

Thanks for this link! I have been LED crazy for some time. Prices are beginning to come down somewhat now. The thing I noticed right off on this site is you can enter your car/truck from a drop down menu and it will show you LED replacement bulbs for it! This I will do right away!

I have bookmarked it and will use it as one of my reference sites!
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

Babybearjs

;D you are welcome! that website rocks... I just ordered some more 12 volt lamps... and they even have "Off-Grid Lighting" so if you have a cabin out in the back country with no power... you can get lights that will run off a battery (solar) I even thing having a home wire with dual voltage could work... 110 when everything is fine, and 12 volt when the power goes out....
John

AL_as_needed

This thread had perfect timing, one of my '67 51-A bulbs in my key set went out yesterday.....mid conversation too!  Can't even recall what was said as this sudden bulb failure completely distracted me. darn 50 year old bulbs going out.... ::)
TWinbrook7

Babybearjs

they will work in your phones, though they are longer then a #51A lamp, so... they will fit, but kind of weird.... Good Luck!
John

AL_as_needed

They do look a bit longer than the originals, but luckily the WE 565HK key base has quite a bit of extra space between it and the lamp fixtures. Will post photos when it's all bright and happy again!
TWinbrook7

Babybearjs

I sent a photo to Super Bright showing the difference between the #51A and their lamp. they followed the specs to the 12PSB lamps which are a bit longer. but, they will work!
John

trainman

if you guys want incandescent bulbs, we may need to do a group order. I had ordered a bunch of JKL 35v bulbs.  Next order was told it was special order.  I asked a about a run, I think they said 1000 piece minimum. i used 35 v. bulbs because i felt they would last longer being operated on 24v.

Although Sylvania 24E you can still find plenty on ebay. Of course Im talking about switchboard lamps, not bulbs for key phones.

Babybearjs

John

trainman

At present I do not have stock available of JKL PN 35A1 and lead time is
8-10 weeks with a minimum production of 1,000 pcs.  Please let me know if
you would like to purchase the 1,000 pcs?  It looks like our distributor
Mouse.com still has material available.  You can check with them and see if
they have the quantity that you need.  If not, we can check with our factory
on the 1,000 pcs production run.

Regards,

Jose Cruz
Account Manager
Phone # 1-818-896-0019 Ext. 135
Fax # 1-818-897-3056
Email: jcruz@jkllamps.com

They didnt exactly give me a price, or even a definitive answer if they would even produce these, and I had asked about their 35 volt bulb, since i had ordered some previously.   

AL_as_needed

Quote from: Babybearjs on March 16, 2018, 10:44:03 PM
I sent a photo to Super Bright showing the difference between the #51A and their lamp. they followed the specs to the 12PSB lamps which are a bit longer. but, they will work!

For my WE 565HK, they were too long to clear the keys (when depressed). After looking at the bulb, I opted to sand 1/8 inch off the wedge end with a moto tool. Had to be very careful not to over-do it as that wedge more or less holds the bulb together, but they fit perfectly now.
TWinbrook7

Babybearjs

sounds great! I just won a ITT 2831 20 Button telephone. I might use some LEDs in some of the extra buttons to see how they fit... If they work, then I can use them as indicator lamps from my switchbox...
John