News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

TP-6 Wiring diagram, and lookalikes

Started by dsk, February 12, 2012, 04:33:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dsk

I just noticed an interesting fact, and putted it down in the picture.
I'm impressed by SC universal network, but the simplicity of the Signal Corps TP-6 is so ingenious.
Of course when the WE 500 come we entered a new, and maybe the last era of high quality telephones.

Do you know more telephones with similar networks?

dsk

Bill

I'm not quite sure what I am seeing at the right-hand end of the condenser. Is that simply a connection between the condenser, transmitter, and L-2 terminal? If so, what is the little thing hanging down?

Bill

dsk

Its a T for Transmitter, you will also see a R for Receiver, and a C for common.
dsk

G-Man

Quote from: d_s_k on February 12, 2012, 04:33:36 AM
I just noticed an interesting fact, and putted it down in the picture.
I'm impressed by SC universal network, but the simplicity of the Signal Corps TP-6 is so ingenious.
Of course when the WE 500 come we entered a new, and maybe the last era of high quality telephones.

Do you know more telephones with similar networks?

dsk
The TP-6A was based on Western Electric's 302 circuit. Because of WWII other manufacturers were allowed to copy it.

http://www.telephonecollectors.info/index.php?option=com_docman&task=doc_details&gid=1924&Itemid=2

http://www.telephonecollectors.info/index.php?option=com_docman&task=doc_details&gid=2154&Itemid=11

Bill

Quote from: d_s_k on February 12, 2012, 01:24:19 PM
Its a T for Transmitter, you will also see a R for Receiver, and a C for common.
dsk
Of course! Thank you. I guess I had a brain cloud there for a while.

Bill

Phonesrfun

That is basically the universal antisidetone circuit used in all 202 and 302 WE phones and many, many others, including antisidetone subsets.

The particular diagram shown is one graphical representation, and there have been many other ways the inductor windings have been shown in diagrams, so pictorially, there have been many variations.  In reality they are all the same.

For a good dissertation on the antisidetone circuit WE and others used, a great reference is Ralph Meyer's book "Old Time Telephones!  Design, History and Restoration".
-Bill G