News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

I am obsessed with rotary phones!!!

Started by DebbieDoo, March 20, 2014, 03:17:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DebbieDoo

It's all Pinterests fault you see.  I was wandering around over there and came across a gorgeous pink rotary and fell in love.  I now know in the short time I've been obsessed that this was a 500 model.  So I've been searching everywhere for these phones and came across this forum.  After I finally read the instructions on how to become a member I was just approved.  I'm seriously considering restoring some of these old phones that is after I purchase one or two to see if I like doing that and who knows I might make a buck!!

I'm glad to be here and looking forward to learning more.

Debbie

a.k.a. DebbieDoo....that's what my sister calls me. ;)

Matilo Telephones

Welcome Debbie.

You are at riks of catching a serious case of phonitis. Please beware.

Are you only into pink phones?
Groeten,

Arwin

Check out my telephone website: http://www.matilo.eu/?lang=en

And I am on facebook too: www.facebook.com/matilosvintagetelephones

HarrySmith

Welcome to the asylum ;D
Phonitis is a progressive, incurable disease. The obsession will continue and soon you will be spending all your time and money on phones. It all started with a Pink phone for me too! Now I have over 300 phones! I picked up a phone at a local auction to sell on ebay. I had no idea what it was so I started researching it and joined TCI & ATCA looking for info. Turns out it was a phone from JYDSK, a European phone. I shined it up and sold it for a profit. I was very interested in a lot of the posts from the lists and read them all. A member, who you will see mentioned here a lot, Steve Hilsz, offered a phone for only $5, I could not resist! It was an early 60's Western Electric 500. It was supposed to be Pink but was badly faded to a kind of peach, orange color. I ended up having to wet sand it, which took quite a bit of time to do! It came out looking great and I was hooked.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Contempra

Quote from: DebbieDoo on March 20, 2014, 03:17:47 AM
It's all Pinterests fault you see.  I was wondering around over there and came across a gorgeous pink rotary and fell in love.  I now know in the short time I've been obsessed that is was a 500 model.  So I've been searching everywhere for these phones and came across this forum.  After I finally read the instructions on how to become a member I was just approved.  I'm seriously considering restoring some of these old phones that is after I purchase one or two to see if I like doing that and who knows I might make a buck!!

I'm glad to be here and looking forward to learning more.

Debbie

a.k.a. DebbieDoo....that's what my sister calls me. ;)

Welcome aboard Debbie. On this forum you'll see a lot of informations about the telephones and here  you've some experts like Poplar1, G-man and many others.. so, don't hesitate to ask if ever you have some questions or if you need help :D ....

DebbieDoo

Thank you all for the nice notes. 

To answer some questions, I love the pink, yellow and blue phones but if I really get into this any color will do!!

thanks again and see you all around the forum, I hope!!! :)

twocvbloke

Phoneitis is like a rotary dial, no matter how much you try and turn it away, it always returns... ;D

Matilo Telephones

Now that is another good trueism to put up at the top this forum!
Groeten,

Arwin

Mr. Bones

Quote from: twocvbloke on March 20, 2014, 05:01:39 PM
Phoneitis is like a rotary dial, no matter how much you try and turn it away, it always returns... ;D
Yes, I heartily agree with Arwin, twocv! A truly quotable gem of wisdom. ;)

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

twocvbloke

It's not often my brain comes up with smart sounding things... ;D

DebbieDoo

Quote from: twocvbloke on March 20, 2014, 05:01:39 PM

Boy isn't that the truth!!!  And yes, I think I have a bad case of this thing you call "phoneitis".  Is there a cure??  Sounds like I'm in good company!!  Thanks everyone!!1

twocvbloke

Quote from: DebbieDoo on March 21, 2014, 01:33:42 AMIs there a cure??

Nope, it's only treatment is the application of more phones... ;D

Matilo Telephones

Yes, there is no cure. Only treatment.  :o
Groeten,

Arwin

WEBellSystemChristian

Only this forum will greet new members with "Beware" threats! ;D Don't worry Debbie, you'll fit right in to this wacky, mad group of collectors! ;)
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

DebbieDoo

Quote from: WEBellSystemChristian on March 21, 2014, 10:04:28 AM
Only this forum will greet new members with "Beware" threats! ;D Don't worry Debbie, you'll fit right in to this wacky, mad group of collectors! ;)

Yes, this is the only place I've ever come across these "beware" comments but hey I'm a big girl and can handle a little wackiness.  Hell, I'm pretty much a wackadoo myself. 

I'm really looking forward to buying my very first phone and yes it will be a pink one!!!!  I've got a few lined up!!!! 

Looking forward to more craziness from all you that are stricken with this thing you call phoneitis!!!!!

WEBellSystemChristian

Quote from: DebbieDoo on March 21, 2014, 03:01:22 PM
Quote from: WEBellSystemChristian on March 21, 2014, 10:04:28 AM

Yes, this is the only place I've ever come across these "beware" comments but hey I'm a big girl and can handle a little wackiness.  Hell, I'm pretty much a wackadoo myself. 

I'm really looking forward to buying my very first phone and yes it will be a pink one!!!!  I've got a few lined up!!!! 

Looking forward to more craziness from all you that are stricken with this thing you call phoneitis!!!!!

Believe me, your little one-phone army you have right now will soon turn into the desire for an aqua 500, then a red one, then a couple ivories, and you will realize you don't have a black soft plastic 500 yet, then you will want every soft 500 color...

Soon enough, you will have 20 to 30 phones, and yet you won't regret a single second of phone collecting! We also hope you enjoy every second you spend at this mental institution ;D
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford