News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

the dead telephone tech....

Started by Babybearjs, October 21, 2017, 02:35:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

OK! which one of you guys are DEAD??? I'm not getting any replies....

Topics Unanswered to Date:

1)  Is there an EXPERT in the house? ? ? ?

2)  Understanding BSP's and operational theory

3)  Wiring in a 208A KTU
John

twocvbloke

I'm no telephone tech, but, I'm still alive, I think... ;D

Babybearjs

Great! now, you are in the UK, Right?
John

twocvbloke

Quote from: Babybearjs on October 21, 2017, 04:11:50 PM
Great! now, you are in the UK, Right?

Until County Durham declares independence, yep... ;D

Babybearjs

Did you guys survive the "hurricane" that the weather guy say you were suppose to get?
John

twocvbloke

Quote from: Babybearjs on October 21, 2017, 05:26:38 PM
Did you guys survive the "hurricane" that the weather guy say you were suppose to get?

Well, Ophelia came and went on Tuesday morning, and we're in the midst (apparently) of "Storm Brian" which isn't really doing as much as the weathermen predicted, tomorrow's set to be windy round here though, but I doubt it's going to be any worse than Tuesday... :)

Babybearjs

well.... hang on to your hat! anyway, I'm trying to find that "Dead" telephone tech that knows something about this.... no one around here seems to know anything about old telephone technology....
John

twocvbloke

Bit beyond me at the moment, my mind's still mush from doing some maths at college during the week...  ;D

Babybearjs

In college, taking math??? OK.... are you taking any electronics/electrical classes?
John

twocvbloke

Quote from: Babybearjs on October 21, 2017, 06:39:07 PM
In college, taking math??? OK.... are you taking any electronics/electrical classes?

Nope, just Maths & English to bring my school grades from 2001 up from atrocious to not too bad...  ;D

Babybearjs

good luck at school! whats your major?
John

twocvbloke

Quote from: Babybearjs on October 22, 2017, 10:15:00 PMwhats your major?

Major failure, due to poor handwriting (recently discovered I suffer with dysgraphia, so, presently working around that to get better grades) which the examiners couldn't read and I couldn't finish my exams due to a painful hand... :)

TelePlay

You could be a medical doctor. That seems to be a prerequisite to getting into med school.

twocvbloke

Quote from: TelePlay on October 23, 2017, 01:27:12 PM
You could be a medical doctor. That seems to be a prerequisite to getting into med school.

Nah, I'd be to grumpy to be a doctor, if you've ever watched the UK TV show "Doc Martin", yeah, around his level of "Oh pull yourself together" type grumpiness... :P

Babybearjs

well, the main reason I started this thread is because it seems that all the telephone techs on this board must have died, since I'm getting such poor response to some of my posts. it seems that no one can answer any of my questions....
John