News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Our 5th Anniversary!

Started by McHeath, September 02, 2013, 01:37:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

McHeath

The forum has hit a milestone this week, it's been 5 years since it was fired up!  Over 1300 members now, we had a bit over 900 this time last year as I recall.  Of course Dennis gets all the kudos for keeping this up and running so well! ;D

Birthday cake and bacon all around!  Enjoy the celebration. 

New England Tel.

Happy Birthday!

And a big Thanks to Dennis!
-Bob Archambault

TelePlay

Bob, you beat me to it . . .  >:(

Ditto to what Bob said and here's to another 5 fine years, and many more to come . . .  :D

HarrySmith

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CRPF ;D

And here's to Dennis!!!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Dennis Markham

Happy Birthday, everyone!  Hard to believe it's been five years already.  I appreciate the nice comments but it is all of you that make this Forum successful.  I just try to make sure it stays on the air.  Sometimes that's a challenge for me.

It wouldn't run so smoothly without all of your comments and advice....and the great help of all the moderators!

Thank You All!!

Dan/Panther

Congratualtions one and all. Especially Dennis for being the drive behind the motion. One thing lets not completely forget, Mark Stevens.
Here's to many more years.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Dennis Markham

Quote from: Dan/Panther on September 02, 2013, 01:41:03 PM
One thing lets not completely forget, Mark Stevens.
D/P

No question about that, Dan.  Mark had a vision for a phone forum.   Here is a quote from an e-mail to me in September of 2008 while contemplating the idea for a Telephone Forum to be added to Classic RotaryPhones.com:

" Part of me thinks that it could turn into a popular source of community, one that, in theory, would actually be easier to use than the boards run by the clubs.  I don't know...any thoughts?"
~Mark Stevens

And now as they say..........the rest is history.  

One can visit Mark's other sites here:

www.tvlamps.net

www.texansinc.com

He may have others too.

twocvbloke

Quote from: McHeath on September 02, 2013, 01:37:25 AMBirthday cake and bacon all around!

Why not combine the two into Bacon cake!!! ;D

tallguy58

Whoever put this site together should be proud. 8)

This is an amazing resource for all things telephonic, all of it uploaded with care by people that are passionate about this hobby.

I know I've learned a ton of stuff.

Congrats to one and all!

Cheers.....Bill

Cheers........Bill

southernphoneman

I just want to congradulate dennis and anyone else I brought this forum into being.dennis works very hard to keep this forum going and it is a very good source for the members and guests alike.so, thank you dennis you are to be commended,southernphoneman

RotarDad

A big thank you to Dennis and all the helpful folks on this forum!!!!
Paul

WesternElectricBen

Congratulations, and thank you all.

I've been on the forum for about a year and 7 days to be exact.. Haha

Ben

MagicMo

Quote from: TelePlay on September 02, 2013, 09:14:29 AM
Bob, you beat me to it . . .  >:(

Ditto to what Bob said and here's to another 5 fine years, and many more to come . . .  :D

OMG!!! Cool cake. You should enter it in the TCI Logo Contest!
Mo

PS.  A bacon cake? Hmmmm.....Cake=yummy, Bacon=yummy. Bacon Cake=yummy squared. Gotta try that!
Practice Kindness :)

Phonesrfun

This has been a wonderful place.  It has evolved very nicely.  I have been a member about 7 months short of the full 5 years, and this is a great place to hang out and learn.

The board of Telephone Collectors International (TCI) also recognizes the value this forum provides to those new members of our phone collecting industry, and they have asked me to convey TCI's congratulations to the Classic Rotary Phone Forum for a very successful 5 years!

Dennis has done a great job, and he has also asked several forum moderators to help him out.  The moderators should not be left out of the congratulations, because they do a lot of heavy lifting too.

And finally, I congratulate all the participants who come here.  Without everyone participating, there would be no forum, and I have learned a great deal from everyone.

Cheers,
-Bill G

AE_Collector

A day early still but all the more time to celebrate! (though I am feeling a little woozy after the bacon cake....urrrpp!)

And who better to start the celebration than Mcheath, one of the originals here!

Here is POST #1 from September 3, 2008:

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=1.0

And by topic #2 it looks as though the "Off Topic" board was in the works! (talking about movies on Netflix {didn't know Netflix existed 5 years ago})

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=2.0

Great job everyone, it just gets better and better here!

Here is the current Forum Stats indicator:
Forum Stats:
Total Topics: 9218      Total Posts: 103542
Latest Post: "Re: Our 5th Anniversary!"
Total Members: 1320

Terry