News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

WE 564B

Started by foots, August 01, 2009, 10:07:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

foots

I was checking the dates on a WE 564 that I recently picked up. The base, network, ringer, G1 handset, handset caps, transmitter element  are all 11-55. The thick curly handset cord and the (unfortunately) chopped off line cord are both marked 55,  the dial is 10-55. The receiver element is missing. The housing, which is definately soft plastic and has round buttons, is marked in yellow 10-80. What's up witht he 10-80? There are no refurb markings and with all the other dates matching that 10-80 seems strange.   
"Ain't Worryin' 'Bout Nothin"

Phonesrfun

That is pretty odd.  What color ink is the 10-80 date stamp?......Maybe a picture would be good.

-Bill
-Bill G

foots

The date is stamped in yellow. I'll ask my brother if I can borrow his camera today so I can get some pictures up.

bingster

Foots, how much of the line cord is left intact?  If you still have a decent length, the end can be repaired back to it's original configuration.
= DARRIN =

foots

Bingster, I'm afraid there ain't no saving it. It was hacked off right at the back of the phone. Ashame too, since it was dated '55. Still, I'm really happy with the phone. I'm going to join one of the phone clubs soon, so maybe I'll be able to track down parts for it and my 545.  I really need to get a camera so I can post some pics.

foots

Any info on the yellow 10-80 date on the front inside edge of the housing? I've done plenty of looking online but have found nothing.
On another note, however, I also found that the light bulbs are also dated IV55 and the ones on my '58 545 are dated IV58.