News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

New Lot of Phones won on Ebay!!!

Started by WEBellSystemChristian, May 21, 2015, 09:15:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WEBellSystemChristian

I'm really excited about this one! It looks like it includes a Red 1956 WE 500, along with a 1960 Aqua 500! It also has enough trimlines and a Princess to last me all of Summer! ;D

Hopefully the 500s are all--or mostly--original. They at least appear to be, although the Aqua has a refurb date of '63. I got the whole lot for $72 plus shipping, meaning I got the soft red 500 alone for $10!!

I'm pretty excited! I'm going to send the seller a message about packing the phones properly.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/151683622617
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Good buy, and you were the only bidder. Lucky you.

WEBellSystemChristian

Quote from: Autonut on May 21, 2015, 09:50:39 PM
Good buy, and you were the only bidder. Lucky you.
Thanks!

I got a snipe in there at the end, just in case someone decided to get in a bidding war with me! I can't believe I was the only bidder!
Christian Petterson

jsowers

Christian, you have lots of hours of fun ahead. That yellow 2220 Trimline is a nice one too.

You are wise to send packing instructions. Every phone should be wrapped up in bubble wrap so they don't hit together, and every handset should be wrapped separately from every base.
Jonathan

compubit

I almost bid on the lot, but have too many project phones I'm working on right now. The main one I was interested in was the blue 500...

Congrats!

Jim
A phone phanatic since I was less than 2 (thanks to Fisher Price); collector since a teenager; now able to afford to play!
Favorite Phone: Western Electric Trimline - it just feels right holding it up to my face!

WEBellSystemChristian

The package is in Oak Creek right now--USPS' Wisconsin hub--, so I expect it to be here probably Tuesday or so; counting on tomorow would be pushing it a bit! ;)

In the seller's own words; "they will be wrapped securely", so I hope they don't come smashed, especially either 500!

The thing I'm really, really hoping he/she didn't do is throw them all into a well-padded box, but leave the phones unprotected. That's like preventing two vicious dogs from attacking eachother by throwing them together into a padded cell! :o
Christian Petterson

electric al

Quote from: WEBellSystemChristian on May 24, 2015, 01:00:27 AM
The package is in Oak Creek right now--USPS' Wisconsin hub--, so I expect it to be here probably Tuesday or so; counting on tomorow would be pushing it a bit! ;)

In the seller's own words; "they will be wrapped securely", so I hope they don't come smashed, especially either 500!

The thing I'm really, really hoping he/she didn't do is throw them all into a well-padded box, but leave the phones unprotected. That's like preventing two vicious dogs from attacking eachother by throwing them together into a padded cell! :o

I like your analogy , it creates a mental picture ! ;)
Never met a phone I didn't like !

WEBellSystemChristian

I was looking at the auction pictures before the package undoubtedly comes tomorrow, and then I noticed something I hadn't noticed before on the '56 red...

Oh boy, it looks like a modular exit for the line cord! :'(

Fortunately, I have a bag of de-modular mouse hole fillers, so it will be easy to convert back to hardwire. I'm going to the store tomorrow to get some paint to match the phone color, so I can paint the filler.
Christian Petterson

WEBellSystemChristian

THEY CAME!!!

The red 500 has all dates pointing to March, 1956. This is my favorite from the haul, although the next phone comes pretty close! It looks pretty rough, so I'll probably work on that last.

The Aqua 500 turned out to be turquoise, and I created another topic about it in Collector's Corner as I move along in the restoration process.

The Yellow Trimline is from 1970, fairly early for 12 button. I really like the matching faceplate!

The others are pretty good; the later Brown Trimline will make a good companion for my wall set that matches it!

Really good haul, I'm exploding with excitement right now! ;D Do you guys think I should enter this as a contender for FotM?
Christian Petterson

Kenton K

Very nice. I'm glad they al arrived safely!