News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Fairly rare (at least to me) 2554 color

Started by compubit, February 13, 2021, 11:34:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

compubit

Ran into this auction on eBay and decided to take a chance that it was Sea Foam Green. $43 later ($33 + $10 shipping) - sure enough it is (new 2554 color for me). There's a slight bit of yellowing, but the plastics are Sea Foam Green throughout.

The description probably worked to my advantage:

Northern Telecom Vintage Push Button 229A Wall Phone Made in The USA Touch Tone. Condition is Used.

I'm happy (and looking forward to getting my 2554 colors mounted...
A phone phanatic since I was less than 2 (thanks to Fisher Price); collector since a teenager; now able to afford to play!
Favorite Phone: Western Electric Trimline - it just feels right holding it up to my face!

Jim Stettler

Seafoam green is a tough color.
I have never seen a 2554 in seafoam
I have  seen 3 500's and 1 2500 in  seafoam.
Great find,
Jiom
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Key2871

Nice phone, I had a 2702 in seafoam green, but never saw a 2554 in that color, and it's in nice condition too.
KEN

SUnset2

Congratulations.  Seafoam and Turquoise are very hard to find online.  Most auctions labelled Seafoam are faded Aqua.  In the picture below is an ITT Seafoam.  It was much greener when I got it, as it had yellowed a lot.  I had to sand and polish it to get to the original color.  For reference, to the left is a WE Turquoise and to the right is a WE aqua.

compubit

Thanks!

I have Princess phones in aqua blue and turquoise, as well as a Sea Foam Green Cinderella. - I still am looking for a 2554 in turquoise...

Gotta love all of the color variations...

Jim
A phone phanatic since I was less than 2 (thanks to Fisher Price); collector since a teenager; now able to afford to play!
Favorite Phone: Western Electric Trimline - it just feels right holding it up to my face!