News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Red Phones

Started by Adam, September 16, 2010, 11:26:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AE_Collector

that's the one...well the back of one at least...looks like the cover for it went AWOL as well.

See the little rectangular slot towards the top edge of the back of the block as pictured? I have at least one of these blocks that has the two little mounting screws stored in this slot with clear (now badly yellowed) tape over the back of this part of the block so the installer can see that they are there.

There is an older style of AECo set block as well. It is rectangular shaped rather than square as Jorge's is.

Jorge: That block looks pretty beat up, how about polishing it up as well as the phone that it's attached to and send it the whole pile of junk to me to play with?

Terry

JorgeAmely

On its way!!!  ;D ;D ;D

PS: I just checked it. Sorry, I already changed the plug.
Jorge

Dave F

My latest red phone is this awesome 3504B AUTOVON set with G4 shoulder-rest handset.

DF

stub

AE 183's ,
               Here's my reds.  stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

JorgeAmely

I can't believe that this thread is back in gear after sitting idle for 8 years.

The other day I was giving some of these old phones a nice cleanup, and about the only thing that has changed is the color of the brass bells: some of them have turned a tad darker.

Some of the plastic cords have developed sort of a sticky sweat that requires the entire cord to be scrubbed clean again.
Jorge

AE_Collector

Whoever says that AE didn't date their phones hasn't seen Stubs red 183!

JorgeAmely

The evidence is very clear: 2009
Jorge

RotarDad

Back to Dave's new Autovon for a moment - awesome condition, even the the coil cord!  Was this restored, or is that how it was found? What's the find story on this one?  I never noticed until now that these sets had the # button replaced with an A.
Paul

paul-f

Quote from: RotarDad on May 29, 2018, 10:27:32 AM
Back to Dave's new Autovon for a moment - awesome condition, even the the coil cord!  Was this restored, or is that how it was found? What's the find story on this one?  I never noticed until now that these sets had the # button replaced with an A.

I agree, Paul. Dave's phone is a beauty, and it's a rare find.

There's some background on the key assignments and references to learn more on the following page:

http://www.paul-f.com/weAutovon.html

Here are photos of a red TA-814/G secure phone, like the one shown on that page.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

SunriseEarth

I need more red phones in my collection, but I have two good ones.   I recently acquired a 2502B.  I also have a 2702BM. 
Tony Stokes

TCI Member; ATCA Member #4893

kleenax

Ok, ok, I will bite on this!  Here are some of the RED that I have created cause I love RED too!!
Oh wait; I did NOT create the Kellogg 1000 in RED; it's an original; only one that I have ever seen.

Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC

tubaman

Here's my contribution to the redness.
1. East German 'Alpha'- 1984
2. GPO 706L - 1965
3. ATM L11566A3 - 1957 (all but identical to a GPO 332 except for the AE style dial).
:)

Key2871

Some very nice RED phone's to be seen.. mine is in my avatar, and in my shed hanging around waiting for me and spring.. I don't have any other shots at the moment..
Yea, I really need to change that.. but my favorite color is red too. My old car was red, my wife drives it now and my truck is Red. I drive that baby every day.
KEN

HarrySmith

All my Red phones are Black!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Russ Kirk

My Red rotary Grillo
- Russ Kirk