News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Recent posts

Auction Talk / Re: WE 302 Brith Year
Last post by RDPipes - Today at 02:10:11 PM
Here's what it looks like, gona try and see what I can do about the crack showing so badly.
Hopefully a good sanding and polish will hide a lot of it.

Auction Talk / WE 302 Brith Year
Last post by RDPipes - Today at 02:08:14 PM
First time I've ever come across Anything manufactured the year I was born (except a car) specially a phone with all dates matching, 1953. I found it on eBay of course but, didn't know it till I received it and got it open.
It was a auction with a Bid $99 or "Make Offer" so the day before the last day of it being up (and no bids yet) I put in an offer for $60 because the case looked so warped and (not to mention the crack) in the photos I thought it only be good for parts. Well she accepted my offer to my surprise and after receiving it, it didn't look at all as it did in the auction and I felt bad I low balled it and won it really but, let's face it, I can't afford to spend a lot of money all the time being on SS and they must not of paid a whole lot for it to accept my offer.
Anywho, here's a few pics of it.

Collector's Corner / Re: GPO 162 ‘Pyramid’
Last post by tubaman - Today at 01:47:46 PM
Nice, the 162s are far less common than 232s, especially so with a Bellset 25.
Last post by FABphones - Today at 11:40:40 AM
Thanks David.  :)

The handset cord was cut and the handset long gone before the phone came to me, but I've had a rummage through some of my spares bins and found a complete handset, prewar, with the older style Spitcup. Dated 1932 which matches the phone nicely (Bellset has a date of 1936). Needs a cord but I have plenty of original GPO cords.

These broken old grubby phones are the best to work on. This will be another phone saved from the trash - and an unexpectedly slightly harder to find one.  :D

Tomorrow begins the search for a cradle and plunger...

Last post by david@london - Today at 10:52:28 AM
Quote from: FABphones on Today at 09:47:16 AMStarted to work on this CB phone today, bought as a 232 repair project...

Great project CJ, will follow with interest.
Auction Talk / Re: Soviet Vintage Bakelite Te...
Last post by RDPipes - Today at 10:12:55 AM
Quote from: FABphones on Today at 10:03:16 AMLooking forward to seeing photos :)Did you find it in the US?

Don't I wish! No it'll be probably 2 months before I get it but, I need to work on my patience
and this will certainly help, LOL!
Last post by RDPipes - Today at 10:07:42 AM
When you pick the phone up what are you to listen for?  ;D

Auction Talk / Re: Soviet Vintage Bakelite Te...
Last post by FABphones - Today at 10:03:16 AM
Quote from: RDPipes on Today at 09:35:00 AMI didn't purchase this one but, I did purchase one..

Looking forward to seeing photos :).  Did you find it in the US?
As attached.
 :)
Collector's Corner / GPO 162 ‘Pyramid’
Last post by FABphones - Today at 09:47:16 AM
Started to work on this CB phone today, bought as a 232 repair project, Bellset underneath making this a GPO 'Pyramid' phone. It's a grubby old phone in quite a sorry state. Bakelite cradle and Bakelite plunger both broken.

Pleasantly surprised upon opening to discover not a No26 Bellset as expected, but a No25. So not a 262 but an older 162 CB Pyramid.

No25 Bellsets are much harder to find (I need a couple for my GPO Candlesticks).

I foresee a dilemma ahead...

;)