"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Create Custom Dial Card?

Started by HarrySmith, April 26, 2018, 10:45:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sigmaz

Quote from: oldguy on July 09, 2018, 06:33:27 PM
Thanks Zigmaz, I made some dial cards. one is for a WE 302 I'm giving to a friend with his phone number.One of the few of us that still has a land line. Like myself, he lives in the boonies & doesn't get cell service at home.

That's great!
I'm glad it worked out for you, It actually looks quite good in your phone.

Sorry about the post-processing legwork.. I just haven't gotten around to working on it.

oldguy

Hi guys & gals. Does anybody know how to make the software to make dial cards? The online sites seem to stop working after a while. Stand alone software might be a better idea. I would be willing to buy it if the price wasn't outrageous.
Gary

SUnset2

When I make a reproduction number card, I use Photoshop Elements.  I use a scan of a card of the style that I want, and use the text tool to make the new EXchange name.  Copperplate is the font used for the first two letters, I forget which font matches the small text.  I composite it together and print it on card stock with the appropriate amount of yellowing.  I usually leave the numbers blank, and stamp those in with the appropriate type of stamper.  It doesn't look right printing the number with the cards, as they were always stamped later.

nolan613

Interesting avatar, growing up in Columbia, SC our Exchange was SUnset 7 back in the late 50's.
Success is not final,
failure is not fatal:
it is the courage to continue that counts

Winston Churchill

SUnset2

This SUnset is from the Ballard neighborhood of Seattle. It became my childhood number when we moved there in 1958. I had it ported to a cellular number when my parents had to move out because of poor health. So I still have the same number I had when I was 1 year old. We got it just a few months after they changed from 6 digit to 7 digit numbers.

nolan613

Wonderful memories... Happy for you. Wishing you and yours a safe New Years.
Success is not final,
failure is not fatal:
it is the courage to continue that counts

Winston Churchill