News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Dial card stamp

Started by oldguy, September 22, 2018, 10:15:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldguy

Has anybody seen one of these & if so, does it make the numbers on a dial card like I think it should.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Antique-telephone-phone-number-stamper-HOMS-Telephone-dial-card/192656762590?
Gary

Key2871

I hadn't seen one like that for doing number cards.
I did see a 7 position adjustable number stamp and small ink pad for this.
Several years ago I bought one from mcmastercarr it worked pretty well, I just made sure the numbers were in line, and tight end to end. The stamp cost me $18.
KEN

rdelius

That is the real deal. I have several. There is a guide to position the numbers on a dial card. Somewhat tricky to set dials  to properly set up .This is not the same as a similar stamper that stamps 6 numbers with a counter

I have two sets that are different from that one. One set is new never used for display and the one I use for my disks.

Key2871

Yes I have seen these before, but not the large one.
Cool to have if you want to make authentic dial centers.
KEN

andre_janew

There is now one listed that is similar to the one oldguy mentioned.  They have stamped out some phone numbers on a piece of paper with this one.

HarrySmith

How about a link or item number? Something to make it easier to find. Maybe a picture?
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Quote from: HarrySmith on September 25, 2018, 08:37:26 PM
How about a link or item number? Something to make it easier to find. Maybe a picture?

Here you go.

Antique-telephone-phone-number-stamper-HOMS-Telephone-dial-card

Doug Rose

Made in W Germany.....it is a really nice stamp. Came in a box with Ink pack....Doug
Kidphone

HarrySmith

WOW! Pricey, especially since it is just the stamp, not even a compete kit! I do like it, neat little cutout gauge to line it up with.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"