News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Phoneco's big 2 vol. and index history book on DVD or flash

Started by Jim Stettler, January 12, 2020, 03:40:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Stettler

Phoneco is offering the big history book as a digital format.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-200-Page-Old-Telephones-Scrapbook-History-DVD-or-Flash-Drive/192793268832

If you have ever seen the 2 volume set and index, you would assume you had a bad copy. They text quality varies a lot. The best way to read the book was to photo or  scan the page and tweak it on the computer.

With this edition it is already scanned, you can tweak the pages as needed. The print copy used to sell for around $70.
The password protected digital copy is about $30.
Digital is the best way to view this collector reference.
JMO,
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Jack Ryan

I wonder if purchasers of the hard copy can get a free digital copy?

The hard copy was more expensive than that when I bought it and postage was about double the purchase price. I only ever wanted a digital copy - I am very short of space.

I assume the digital copy is searchable.

Jack

Jim Stettler

Quote from: Jack Ryan on January 12, 2020, 07:59:12 PM
I wonder if purchasers of the hard copy can get a free digital copy?

The hard copy was more expensive than that when I bought it and postage was about double the purchase price. I only ever wanted a digital copy - I am very short of space.

I assume the digital copy is searchable.

Jack

I doubt it.  I hope the digital is searchable. I think the value of the info is really worth the cost, just assuming that you are buying it to be able to digitally tweak the info into a readable page.
JMO,
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

FABphones

Is any further info available now - is the digital version searchable?

I may get this but would prefer to see example pages first. If poss, would a member please add a couple of screenshots of pages to see examples of the poor quality/unreadable pages, and of the good quality pages for comparison.

Thanks.
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble