"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Old Phone Booths - not mine

Started by HarrySmith, February 03, 2022, 07:31:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HarrySmith

I was asked by our member Vern to repost this here about his old booths:

I was asked to share pictures of my 2 early telephones booth's.  First one is a 1910 folding door booth, that was in East High School here in SLC,UT. East was built in 1913.    This booth was sold to Trolley Square Mall in SLC, after a fire at the school in 1972. Later it was put in storage when they change payphone Co., and forgot about. I remember it from when it was used. (I wanted it then) Tracked it down, bought it.  This needed minor repairs.     

Side note, when the new Co. came in they used 3 1950's booth's. The Co. removed them, put in storage and forgot about, I tracked them down, bought them. They still have the payphone's in them, no I didn't get the phones.

Second one is a W.S. Seaman Co.  #30 (1913 catalog) This was found in a Utah Power and Light Co. garage, I got it in 1996. Had 3 coats of green paint.  I didn't do the work on this, I just wrote the checks to have it done.

Pictures are on the TCI picture page at,  http://www.telephonecollectors.org/pictures/   under show and tell.

Enjoy,   Vern
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"