News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

FOUND: Wanted WE 306 Tube mounting bracket

Started by RDPipes, July 02, 2022, 06:05:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RDPipes

For the lack of the proper terminology I'm looking for the little bracket that holds the 426A tube to the base like the photo below. I'm not expecting anything free here so please when you PM me let me know what you would like for it.Thank you!

TelePlay

Found this image of a tube mounted over the 302 capacitor.

Shows the mount nicely if this is what you are looking for.

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=14513.msg150898#msg150898

RDPipes

Ah but actually you can't see the piece I need underneath the piece on the tube mounting in your pic.
You see there are two pieces, one on the tube mounting/socket and one that it mounts to on the base. The piece shown on the base is what I need. Hope that made sense to ya all.

You see, I have a 306 that years ago I took the tube and mounting off and made it into a 302. Now I wish to bring it back to a 306 so I need the part that got lost or tossed 20 years ago.

RDPipes

I found that making one myself is much easier then trying to find one, thanks.

You can count this one as found.

TelePlay

Can you post a picture of the manufactured part so we can see what it looks like?

RDPipes

I have not made one as of yet but, in the photo I posted you can see that it's a simple rectangular piece of of metal with 3 holes the two outside holes are threaded while the center one is not but, large enough for the screw that holds the capacitor in place to pass through which clamps the piece in place while the two thread holes serve as a mounting point for the tube bracket.