News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

New Category For Repair Techniques

Started by AE_Collector, October 26, 2010, 01:41:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AE_Collector

Wouldn't it be nice to have certain informative threads in a seperate area administered by one person the same way that the wiring diagrams are being handled?

Maybe Dennis knows if certain individual posts to a thread can be "copied" so that they can be put into a seperate well titled thread in a special folder for repairs and restorations.

The administrator could collect all relevant information on a subject such as "Sanding Plastic Phones" and post it so we can easily find the most informative information in one convenient location.

This week we also have a "Bakelite Repair" thread going but to look for it a year from now we are probably going to have to be able to remember that the subject phone is an AE 34 in order to quickly find it.

I know that the entire site can be searched but personally I would much prefer to be able to go to a specific location on this site to quickly find only the best information on a specific type of repair or restoration.

What does everyone else think?

Terry

stub

Terry,
          It would be nice to see !!! I looked for 1 1/2 hours and couldn't pull up that thread. I couldn't think of the hog hair part that Kenny remembered.
          Glad you made it home safely.   stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

AE_Collector

Quote from: stub1953 on October 26, 2010, 01:48:12 AM
Terry,
          It would be nice to see !!! I looked for 1 1/2 hours and couldn't pull up that thread. I couldn't think of the hog hair part that Kenny remembered.
          Glad you made it home safely.   stub

It was a long day on Thursday. Ship to Ft Lauderdale airport to Dallas/Ft Worth to Vancouver. 19 hours after we woke up that morning we were home. The 17 days from Vancouver TO Ft Lauderdale was much nicer than the 19 hours getting back again.

Terry

JorgeAmely

I think Chuck Hensley started it many weeks ago. I think he goes by as chensley@aol.com or something like that.

PS: Correction, his email and name here at the forum is cihensley@aol.com
Jorge

Dennis Markham

Quote from: ae_collector on October 26, 2010, 01:41:55 AM
Wouldn't it be nice to have certain informative threads such as this in a seperate area administered by one person the same way that the wiring diagrams are being handled?

Maybe Dennis knows if certain individual posts to a thread can be "copied" so that they can be put into a seperate well titled thread in a special folder for repairs and restorations.

The administrator could collect all relevant information on a subject such as "sanding Plastic Phones" and post it so we can easily find the most informative information in one convenient location.

This week we also have a "bakelite Repair" thread going but to look for it a year from now we are probably going to have to be able to remember that the subject phone is an AE 34 in order to find it.

I know that the entire site can be searched but personally I would much prefer to be able to go to a specific location on this site to quickly find only the best information on a specific topic.

What does everyone else think?

Terry

Terry (and everyone), I can make another "Board" or as many as we need.  We do have "Troubleshooting & Repair".  Sometimes, as in the case with this AE34 post, it evolves into a different direction.  In this case with the repair of Bakelite.  I can "split" the topic and start a new thread.  The new thread can be re-titled and placed in a different board.

We have only utilized the capability of having different Categories recently.  First with the addition of the color diagrams that Dan/Panther did and secondly the "General Information" category.  Under those categories, we can make as many "boards" as desired.

So what I'll do now is make a new "Category". I'll call it "Repair Techniques".  Then under the Repair Techniques we'll start with Bakelite Repair and I'll split the AE34 posting to show Barry's work.  The original post will remain and the copy will go to the new title.

Now, I can make this a "read only" to avoid people making individual comments which may distract from the thread.  On the other hand questions and comments are appropriate until they begin to drift from topic.

If someone would like to "Moderate" this Category, let me know. 

This has now drifted off topic.......after I post this, I'll split it and put this in a new spot for discussion.

~Dennis