News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Late 1936 WE 302 H1-3

Started by magicbrain, July 09, 2020, 10:54:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

magicbrain

I took a gamble on what appears to be an early 1937 302 - The paint is in rough condition, it has what looks like a Kellogg 10G? dial & a F1W non-bell receiver - it also has the small plungers, base with riveted on feet & should have the vents in the handhold area.

It was listed at a BIN price of $135.00 & a best offer option - I offered seller $75.00, which was accepted.

It should arrive today - what will I find inside?

eBay link:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Antique-Rotary-Telephone-Western-Electric-Company-/392846815163

Bruce

LarryInMichigan

The bottom certainly indicates that it is very early.  The AE dial and F1W handset indicates that this phone was sold to an independent telco.  I didn't know that WE sold these to independents so early.

Larry

paul-f

I agree with Bruce. the number card holder looks like a Kellogg 10-type dial.

Of course, the set may have started out as a manual set, with the dial added by anyone at any time.

It will be interesting to see the internal components.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

HarrySmith

I agree, the bottom with only one "bump" and riveted feet indicate very early. The dial and handset were probably added somewhere along the line in the past 83 years.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

magicbrain

Phone has arrived and my gamble paid off ;D - It is late 1936 with all the correct internal parts!

Bruce

Quote from: magicbrain on July 10, 2020, 11:35:52 AM
Phone has arrived and my gamble paid off ;D - It is late 1936 with all the correct internal parts!

Awesome find, Congrats!

HarrySmith

Congrats! Great catch at a great price.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Doug Rose

The IV 36 is the earliest date I have ever seen, only seen a few of these before. Super find. You will find a 36 4H much easier that a 37 5H...congrats!!...Doug
Kidphone

oldguy

Amazing find, great price, congratulations.
Gary

MMikeJBenN27

Congratulations!  These are rare, as they pre-date the "official" introduction!

Mike

magicbrain

Looking rather better after cleaning - Digging through the parts stash turned up a E1 dated I-37 throughout with a decent twill cord & a late? 4H dial with the "W" terminal by the governor, that was not converted from an earlier 2XX type.
Really happy to own this very early 302.

Bruce

Pourme

~

What a very unique 302....very cool
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

magicbrain

A couple of interesting bits on this phone - The vented handhold insert is ink stamped with a "36" & the bells on the ringer are nickel plated.

Bruce

Doug Rose

Beautiful phone Bruce. IV 36.....You should be very proud!.......Doug
Kidphone

MMikeJBenN27

Congratulations!  Great Find.