News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Pvt-telco's Collection

Started by southernphoneman, March 22, 2013, 09:05:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

southernphoneman

next up in my collection is my western electric 202 with its f1 handset and its model 685 subset

southernphoneman

this next phone is not vintage at all but was given to me by parents when they came back from great Britain visiting relatives.i had to change to the cord to a modular connector used in the usa.

southernphoneman

up next is my green western electric 500 from 1967

southernphoneman

now it is time for my Stromberg and Carlson model 500 from 1979

southernphoneman

now posted is my western electric beige 500 with a g6 handset. it is from 1959.

southernphoneman

update on my aqua blue 500. just started soaking the handset cord and will wash plastics later.

southernphoneman

another phone from my collection. this a duck phone from the early 1980s,it still works and the l.e.d. lights still light up when it rings.

southernphoneman

as you all can see by now I love model 500s.next up is a model 500 from 1955. it has the soft plastic and the black finger wheel.

southernphoneman

and again a black model 500 from 1959. soft plasctic black plungers,and black finger wheel.

southernphoneman

hey, guess what? it is time for another black 500.this the last one to post. this one is a full service phone from 1954.

southernphoneman

Quote from: southernphoneman on March 30, 2013, 01:15:57 PM
next up in my collection is my western electric 202 with its f1 handset and its model 685 subset
my 202 has been taken apart and the metals are being painted.i am trying the technique given to me bt dan/panther by putting it in a 125 degree oven for a half hour. we will see how it goes.

southernphoneman

202 metals have been painted and went in the oven.photos may forthcoming.metals just came out of the oven./now the 202 is back together and tested photos below.

southernphoneman

the refurbishment of the 1973 aqua blue western electric 500 is complete. photos below.

southernphoneman

ALLRIGHT, which phone should I refurbish next? the choice is between my 302 and one my 500s(the phone claimed to be the andy Griffith phone(and I still doubt that it is). if a few of you could respond to this question, maybe I can make up my mind.... thank you.

AE_Collector

Who are you trying to fool! You will have them both done before we help you decide.

A kink snuck back into your blue handset cord about 5 or 6 coils from the base. You should be able to twist it out without any trouble.

Terry